Newbie needs help

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
Hey, I started SW online yesterday. I found their website rather hard to navigate, so I'm a bit concerned I may get it wrong. If I post my planned food for today could someone just go through and see if it's ok, and also tell me how many syns??

B- Fruit (Grape,Banana,apple,s'berry,r'berry,b'berry,mandarin)
1tbsp meusli, Asda.
2tbsp low fat natural fromage frais
1tsp honey
2 mini maringue nests
L- Pasta, Cucumber, Tomato, Celery, S'corn, Pepper
1serving low fat salad dressing
42g reduced fat cheese
D- Veg curry (B'nutSquash,Green beans,Cauliflower,Toms,Pepper,Onion,Veg stock cube x2,Herbs,ginger,garlic)
1 mini naan bread.

I think that's everything. I'm on Green as I'm vegetarian. There's one A and one B selection (cheese, meusli). Just need to work find out syns...

Hey there looks good! Just a few things; as you're doing Green try having 2 B choices for definate and 2 A choices if you can. You can have 28g meusli as a B choice (not sure how much a tbsp weighs! :p)

These syns are for generic items so is the average syns, if you've got any brands in mind we can give you exact :)
Syns;

Honey - 1tsp 1.0
Maringue Nest - 3.0
(Depends what kind :p) Salad Dressing - 1tbsp between 0.5 - 1.5
Stock Cube - 1.5 each (bovril is free)
Mini Nann Bread - 100g each 10.0 (28g 4.0)

Total: 18 - that takes you slightly over the reccommended 15 syns, so you could either have half the nann bread or as its day one not worry to much

Hope that helps, and good luck on your SW jounrey, all the best

Natt xxx

Ok your A choice (cheese) is fine. Your B choice Muesli should be 28g( usually it's with a scan bran) and you need to have 2 B choices each day. Your pasta, vege's and fruit are all fine. Your fromage frais should be very low fat/fat free. Your syns are Honey - 1 syn, Mini meringue 13g 2.5 syns each, veg stock cubes 1.5 syns each, mini naan depends on size 64g each 9.5 syns 100g each 15syns! you should only have a max 15 syns per day...so you might have to drop the naan! Someone's prob already been quicker than me, but have another crack at the website as it will give you loads of help.

Lol oops! I forgot the recipe for the curry makes 4portions lol so I'll only be having about 1syn of stock cube for that. And -'l be dropping the naan!! Salad dressing my OH threw out because he thought it was old, I only got it last week! Hehe. Thanks for the help! Xx

Oh hang on, is the fromage frais free? It's the asda good for you one. I think there's barely any fat in it if I remember right!?

Going to have 2slices warburtons wholemeal bread instead of naan, then it's a B choice yay! I feel like I'm eating too much! X

Last edited:
Oh hang on, is the fromage frais free? It's the asda good for you one. I think there's barely any fat in it if I remember right!?

Going to have 2slices warburtons wholemeal bread instead of naan, then it's a B choice yay! I feel like I'm eating too much! X

If it says virtually fat free then thats fine, it's syn free :) and changing the naan for wholemeal bread is perfect - just make sure it is 2 slices from a 400g loaf or 1 slice from a 800g loaf.

We all feel like we're eating too much when we start, but trust me - it works!!

Back