Newbie - New year new me!

kerry2607

hi all, my name is kerry and every single yesr i always say i am going to loose weight, its never happened yet. But i have decided this will be the year i do something about it!!

Diet started on monday, i started the week weighting 20.2 stone, trying to loose weight in a healthy way and have started going to the gym so fingers crossed, i have the holiday of a lifetime in october to motivate me!!

I do have one question tho - when dieting how often should you be weighing yourself? if anyone can help i would be grateful! :p

K xx

Hi Kerry

Welcome to the site! I only joined up this week too.

I as I'm sure a lot of people can relate to that- if I could count the number of nights I've gone to bed and thought "tomorrow I'm gonna start..."

I really want this time to be different and just reading all the success stories and motivational tips on this site, it's encouraging to think this time we might all be right!!

Are you following any specific diet or plan? I'd say it's reasonable to weigh yourself once a week at the same time. If you aren't attending classes you could always use a local pharmacy or boots and set yourself a 'weigh in day' this will save you jumping in the scales every morning, and stops you becoming panicked or disheartened every time your body fluctuates or holds a little more water than usual!!

Good luck on your goal! I'm sure you'll achieve what you set out:)

All the best...

Jo x

Hi and welcome. Weighing once a week should be enough but when i was on Cambridge i weighed every day.

Best to have the same day and time each week.

Good luck

Irene xx

Hello Kerry!!

Welcome :)

I agree with IreneH Set your self the same day and time if you can every week :)

Good luck on your journey x

Thanks ladies i thought once per week would be sufficient!

Im not following any particular diet, just trying to eat healthier and move more!! have taken up a dancing class (hahaha) and have started going to the gym. Im going to canada in october so would love to be slimmer than i am for that!!

K xx

Hi Kerry!

I'm in a similar situation - I'm 17 stone, and have finally accepted that I need and want to do something about my weight. I've known I should for 5 or 6 years (since I put a lot of weight on) but the time feels right now.

I believe that the key to losing weight is really wanting to - sounds like you are determined to and I'm sure you'll do great!

I'm weighing myself weekly (I've even hidden the scales so I'm not tempted to pop on them while brushing my teeth!!).

All the best xxx

thanks for the word of support squeako! I am very determined! I need to make a change cant carry on the way i am just now!

K x

Back