Extra Easy Newbie - On my 2nd week!

Guppy88

Hello! I started slimming world just under two weeks ago after thinking about it for ages! I had a great first WI -6 LBS! - But I feel I've gained this week, my belly is so bloated, I'm so gassy! I honestly feel as though I've just gained it all back! I'm upset as I really wanted to get my 1/2 award :( I know I won't know till I step on those scales Thursday night but it's going to be so embarrassing if (when!) I have gained. I haven't done anything different though so I don't understand why I feel this way :'(

Hi and welcome, Guppy. Maybe you just feel this way and you haven't actually gained. That's happened to me before and I've been pleasantly surprised! Like you say, you won't know properly until Thursday so, don't give up and fingers crossed! :)

Kathy

Well done you in losing 6lbs in your first week!! Stop worrying, yourconsultant and fellow dieters are there to help and support you. I guess you are completing a food diary, so that will reveal if there's anything not right.
Let's know how you get on.

Hi Guppy88 :wavey:

as the others have said, don't worry. I feel much gassier generally since I started SW, probably because of all the extra fruit and veg, but it's never affected my losses thank goodness. Definitely don't convince yourself you haven't lost and feel upset, it's a downward spiral! Just keep on doing what you did last week and fingers crossed you'll be fine :)

Sometimes it can be your body adjusting to the change, on Slimming World we eat lots more fruit and veg, as well as getting our HexB so we eat more fibre, we drink more water, and your body can be a bit like 'WTF!' while it adjusts.

Back