Newbie on Slimming World

Lmc111

Hi everyone!

Im a single mum with an 8 year old daugher and we have started this "healthy eating plan" together. She has school dinners which would make jamie oliver proud, so off to a better start than me!

As you can (hopefully) see from my ticker, Ive already started the diet 6 days ago and lost 6 lbs already. I got a treadmill for xmas so thats helping me get the exercise in, even if its walking for 15 mins 2 times a day. I prob have been having too many syns up til now, as I wanted to use up the food I had in freezer first (I bulk cook) and I just guessed the syn values...interesting just low enough that I can have some hot chocolate too :)

Im not part of a slimming group or even online as Im trying to save the money for new clothes instead. Tho I might look into the online one if things go too slowly...or backwards!

My biggest struggle atm is snacks - I love yogurt, fruit and veg, but getting a bit...monotonous and Im feeling hungry quite often. So Im on here tonight trying to find some good snack type foods that are filling (low GI?) syn free, or low-syn that dont need any forward planning, or taste like cardboard (sorry ryvita lovers....!)

So, look forward to getting to know you all a little better over the next few weeks and months!

L

Hi LMC :)

Good luck!! And well done on the 6lb loss!

Check out www.slimmingeats.com
It's a brilliant site full of recipes an ideas! And it might just help you through those times when you need to nibble.

Xxx

Hi Lmc I new on here too and doing Slimming world. I dont go to a group either as its so expensive.id rather put the money to an exercise class like LBT or something infact its a bit cheaper than paying for group.

I found theres loads of inspiration motivation and support on here. Have a look at the Slimming world section on here. There`s loads of info on there and ive just joined a friday weigh in on there but theres loads of different days where we weigh and put our losses on here. Maybe be good for you too as your not going to group either. Its helping me stay on track just hope I can keep it up as Im not finding it atall easy as have pcos and other issues.

You asked about free snacks... Mug shots tomato flavour are nice and filling and free on green day.

sugar free jelly made with sugar free lemonade often cures my sweet tooth ;)

Anyway hope this helps

Karen :D

Thanks for your replies! I read them last night via the iphone app but it was far too hard to navigate when tired so I figured I nip on quickly tonight.

Disaster has struck and my weight hasnt changed since my last post... I guess it still evens out as a good loss but I was feeling v motivated til this morning.

Im on the EE one as red/green/original looked to complicated but Ill have a look at the mug shots - will help reduce tea/coffee cravings too (hot drink craving rather than caffiene craving!)

MiniVik - thanks for the website recommendation. On Friday I will be doing my first farmers market and grocery shop since started SW, so I need all the inspiration I can get!

Back