Extra Easy Newbie to Slimming World

jc1976

Silver Member
Hi, started Slimming world last week for the first time and pleased to have lost 4.5lbs on my first week. Ive not felt like I've been on a diet as I've eaten foods that I would normally eat, the only difference being adding lots more fruit and veg to my diet.

Been on minimins for many years and tried most diets. Lost weight and put some if not all of it back on lol.

Ive been reading through all your posts for some inspiration and recipes and they've been great, so thanks to each and every one of you who have shared them with me. Hope to get to know you all a lot better and share many more recipes, good luck everybody, we can do this.

That's a great start. I've tried SW before but just getting back on track this week after a big break from it all.
Tried a new recipe last night for new York chicken ( pinched the recipe from diet momma group on facebook) served up with sw chips ans carrots. It was delicious.

I think it really does help getting a bit of variety and trying new things to keep it all interesting.

Sounds delicious please share, tonight I'm having the salt & chilli chicken & chips (got the recipe on here) it's amazing and I feel like in have a take away and I'll also add extra veg x

Oooh sounds tasty. I'm not sure what to have tonight. Picked up some syn free pork and leek sausages from the butchers so might give then a go.

Here's the recipe for NY chicken.

New York Chicken

Chicken breast
Rashers of bacon
1 onion
1 tsp chilli powder
8oz passata
3 tbsp sweetener
4 tbsp vinegar ( balsamic or regular malt)
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1tsp mustard powder
Salt and pepper

Wrap chicken in bacon and place in dish In a bowl mix all other ingredients together

Cover chicken with the sauce cover with foil and bake for 30 mins

you can add some cheese 10 mins before serving use as your healthy a and enjoy

I'll give that a try during the week, thank you x

Made the Italian chicken soup from the SW Website free on extra easy, very tasty and filling mmm

Hi everyone. Starting SW again after giving birth 11 weeks ago! Technically a newbie cos it's changed a lot since last time! Doing EE :) x

Welcome, im sure you'll love the ee plan. I still don't feel like I'm on a diet, it's great x

Hi and welcome..

Thanks guys- been doing EE since tues and don't feel like I'm on a diet- just trying to get head around it all. I did Red green a few years ago and it worked great so if EE doesn't work after a few weeks I'll go back to that. Do you find EE works well? I don't mind a slow loss as long as I get there eventually! :)

Amzeeny said:
Hi everyone. Starting SW again after giving birth 11 weeks ago! Technically a newbie cos it's changed a lot since last time! Doing EE :) x

Congratulations, I had my baby 9 weeks ago. I mix it up, I'm doing EE today x

Hi oasis congratulations to you too! I thought the weight might fall off me and go back to pre-preg weight..... Unfortunately not! So after 11 weeks of waiting... Back on SW! ;) x

oasis6918 said:
I was hoping it'd be that simple too, but I guess not. Good luck x

It's taken me 2 yrs to lose my baby weight or rather to do something about it but I'm now thinner than I was before I had my son although having him has entirely changed my body shape and my tummy just won't go back :(

jc1976 said:
Hi, started Slimming world last week for the first time and pleased to have lost 4.5lbs on my first week. Ive not felt like I've been on a diet as I've eaten foods that I would normally eat, the only difference being adding lots more fruit and veg to my diet.

Been on minimins for many years and tried most diets. Lost weight and put some if not all of it back on lol.

Ive been reading through all your posts for some inspiration and recipes and they've been great, so thanks to each and every one of you who have shared them with me. Hope to get to know you all a lot better and share many more recipes, good luck everybody, we can do this.

Well done on your fab loss..let's hope I can stay on track and hopefully shift some unwanted pounds!!

Oooh sounds tasty. I'm not sure what to have tonight. Picked up some syn free pork and leek sausages from the butchers so might give then a go.

Here's the recipe for NY chicken.

New York Chicken

Chicken breast
Rashers of bacon
1 onion
1 tsp chilli powder
8oz passata
3 tbsp sweetener
4 tbsp vinegar ( balsamic or regular malt)
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1tsp mustard powder
Salt and pepper

Wrap chicken in bacon and place in dish In a bowl mix all other ingredients together

Cover chicken with the sauce cover with foil and bake for 30 mins

you can add some cheese 10 mins before serving use as your healthy a and enjoy

This sounds good! I might have to try it one day this week!

cat yoyo greaves said:
It's taken me 2 yrs to lose my baby weight or rather to do something about it but I'm now thinner than I was before I had my son although having him has entirely changed my body shape and my tummy just won't go back :(

I had a section with my first and have been told no matter how much weight I lose I'll always have an overhang :( hopefully I can get it lookin better than it does though x

Claire.mckenna said:
Well done on your fab loss..let's hope I can stay on track and hopefully shift some unwanted pounds!!

Thank you, so far so good, and I'm sure if we're all here to support each other, together we can all do it x

cat yoyo greaves said:

My son is 17 next week and im still trying to shift the baby weight! ;-)

peacelily said:
My son is 17 next week and im still trying to shift the baby weight! ;-)

Pmsl

Back