newbie weightloss

Char227

well i am Char, i had a baby 7 months ago and put on so much weight in my pregnancy, i was a size 8-10 and i miss that :( now i weigh 16 stone, it is my 21st birthday in Feb and March 1st i am going London for 4 nights with friends, basically i need to lose as much as i possibly can by March 1st so i have around 54 days to do this, then i will carry on after as my GW is 10st10ibs i bought a crosstrainer today and threw out all the bad food! I have been dieting for four days and i have lost 7 ibs i was 16st7 but i have an obsession with the scales i run downstairs in the mornings go for a wee and weigh myself i don't know how to stop :( i really want to meet new friends to help me and i can help them with this weightloss? How much does everyone think i can lose in 8 weeks considering im 5.5 stone overweight?xxx

Wow well done on the 7lb loss :) what a great start. This is a really friendly place so I'm sure they'll be plenty of folk helping you along.

I know you're desperate to lose the weight & by the sounds of it quickly, at first you will lose it quickly, but it will slow down to a more normal 1-2lb a week....which is healthy. There is truth in what they say if lose lots each week over a prolonged period it cannot be maintained & you will run yourself ragged....so I think once the initial big losses happen in the first couple of weeks, you should aim for 1-2lb/week. If you can, exercise, as this will help you tone up & change your shape as you lose.

Are you following a diet plan??

May be instead of aiming for a certain amount of weight to lose in 8 weeks, try dropping a dress size??

Good luck ;)

Good luck char u can do this!!

7lbs is fantastic :) what diet are you on?

As hard as it is, try to avoid weighing yourself every day. Different things can affect your weight including fluid retention throughout the week. Are you breastfeeding?

Thankyou everyone! MissRV i didn't breastfeed had a c-section so i didn't want to, i see you're 16 stone too? How are you finding losing the weight? I wake up deal with my daughter then she has a nap at 10am so really i should be going on the crosstrainer but some days i feel so lethargic with only a few hours sleep as her first teeth are through and she hardly sleeps :( i need to lose this weight got 6 stone to go xxx

Back