Newbie!!!

Sara86x

Hi all, another newbie here!!

I've been floating around this forum for a little while now and decided now was the time to sign up and contribute myself!!

I've been kidding myself for almost 10 years now that I didn't need to lose weight as I am quite lucky with my body shape being quite tall with long legs and arms however I can't deny the huge, bulging stomach which makes me look 9 months pregnant!!! Stretch marks and all!!

Having just turned 30 a couple of days ago, my lovely OH spoilt me with a trip to a fancy spa hotel, but when it came to going down to the pool and spa facilities, both of us were too body conscious to go down so we didn't even take advantage of it!!! So now really is the time I need to stop lying to myself and sort my body out!!!

I do suffer with IBS which doesn't help when I get a flare up as my stomach can swell up so much but I have got it under control now *fingers crossed*

I have previously signed up to slimming world with my mother in law going to group about 2 years ago, and I did start off being quite committed and lost a bit, but then as time went on, I got lazy and eventually gave up and regained all the weight I lost.

I signed back up to SW online this time about 7 weeks ago and if I'm being 100% honest, I am not committed and in those 7 weeks I have probably followed it properly 1 or 2 days.

My problem is I don't feel very determined or motivated to do anything about it, but in the next year I am being forced into a more healthy lifestyle. Me and my OH are climbing Mount Snowdon in May 2017 to raise money for charity and as well as being seriously unfit and lazy, I was recently diagnosed with Sciatica which can be very painful and uncomfortable at times so this is really going to be a big challenge for me, but one I am fully embracing!!

My SW membership runs up until Feb and when I initially signed up, I was determined to make progress so my money is not wasted so here I am, starting from the very beginning yet again but hopefully this time with a more successful ending!!

Wish me luck everyone and any advice or guidance is always going to be greatly appreciated :)

Hey!!
Unfortunately I think the hard part is the motivation. Once you're motivated the rest is easy!
I really struggle with motivation too. Thing is, I KNOW it works! I lost 3 stone but then put 3.5 stone on :( so I do feel your pain.
Some of the things I've tried to keep me motivated are Colouring in a picture with every pound lost (I think the SW most used one is a dress devided into sections, but as a geek I do old style nes type graphics (the old mario etc) and colour in a pixel for every pound lost (This is so I can physically see what I've lost). I also give £5 to charity in group every week I have a gain. I sit one end of the room and when my consultant gets to me, I have to get up and walk across the room in front of everyone to put money in the box on the other side of the room.
I want to try the "pounds to lose" and "pounds lost" visuals with money in jars, and have just started a 'year in pixels' which I've just done a post about in the SW section of this forum.

I hope you find a way of getting motivated again. Xx good luck

Back