Newbie!

KTq

Hi all :D

Just wanted to introduce myself.... im a brand new slimming world slimmer with a lotta weight to lose. Im thinking I could use all the support I can get so after lurking around on your (fab!) site for a few days I have decided to say hi.

I have been on Slimming World just over a week now but due to shifts I havent been weighed yet - I feel like its going well though.

I look forward to getting to know you all

hey girlie.. welcome to sw :) .. it sounds like your enjoying it and sticking to it well.. i hope all goes well on your first wi!

everyones here to support so post up anytime, you'l see i post every 5 minutes haha

xxxx good luck!

Hey Welcome along

make sure you keep us up to date on ur loss good luck chum :D

Thanks Girlies - dont worry il be shouting any weight losses from the roof tops!!!
Your all doing so well - I love looking at your tickers - its so inspiring!

Starting again ... and feeling like a newbie!

Hi Katie
Good to see there is so much support available.

I joined this webiste last year and was shocked to discover I havent logged on since April 2008 :eek: Guess that gives you an idea of what I've been doing for the past year .... scoffing!!!!

I joined Slimming World twice this year already. Lose a bit then stop then gain the weight again!?!? Arghhh :break_diet:I got too embarassed to go back to the meetings when I fell off the wagon again.
Having gained 2 stone since September last year I am scared I will carry on getting bigger. So I have joined SW online in the hope that even if I gain weight I stick at it long term and keep putting in my weight and doing my food diary.

My goal - log on and post every day.
I know I will get support here and I hope I can support others too. :)

hi welcome i have been doing sw for 4 weeks love this site for inspiration and ideas good luck

Hi Sparkle Babe,

I can relate to what you just said alot. This is the third diet I have started this year but I give up so easily and each time gain a little bit more. When I got back from holiday 2 weeks ago and got weighed I felt like id completly lost controll and if I dont do something now im scared like you said that i will just continue to get bigger and bigger.
So if your going to be logging on every day im sure we will see plenty of each other - good luck!!
BTW slimming world online sounds like an interesting option as i find it hard to get to meetings cos of my shifts. how much does it cost? if you dont mind me asking

SW online

SW online is not the cheapest option - £60 for 3 months ....... but there is an online food diary and journal which I can add to throughout the day at home or work. ;)
And for me there is no excuse - I can weigh-in any time day or night. Brilliant. Also get all the access to online recipes, tips, syns list, inspirational stories etc

I am aiming to go to group in person in 3 months when I will be 2 stone lighter.:)

KTq,

SW does make allowances for people who work shifts - either you can go to a different group on different days/times each week if that suits (that applies to everyone), or if you take your rota to your consultant, you don't get charged for the weeks that you are working.

Certainly cheaper than the SW online as you only pay for when you go, and you get all the same stuff online if you go to group. The web password tends to last for at least 2 weeks, so that helps too.

If there's quite a few meetings near you it might be possible for you to only miss one a month or so, but depends on your shift pattern and how many groups there are!

Back