Newby needing tips on motivation

Hi I’m new to posting on here and looking for tips on staying motivated. My first few weeks are always full of drive and determination but something seems to slip and I end up back to square one plus a stone.
I’ve booked a holiday for April 2019 and have 5 stone to shift so keeping my motivation is key. Any tips for keeping the drive fresh? Thanks, Kez. X

Hi, I'm a newb too! :)
I find what works best for me is to not focus on the end goal. I set myself small goals of weight loss that are easily attainable and I don't put a time limit on when I reach that magic number. Creative visualisation can also be a good shout. Imagine yourself next April, packing your suitcase for your holidays, picture all the smaller size clothes you are putting into the case, you could even imagine what you will wear and how you look in it with your smaller frame. Lose yourself in the minds image of that and use it as motivation. :)
I wish you the best of luck! Sian x

Last edited:
Thanks that really helps. Yeah the small goals is a good idea. Best of luck to you too. What diet are you following?

Thank you! :)

I'm doing the Exante total solution. I'm on day *counts on fingers* 10! It seems to be going fairly smoothly just now. Still get the odd hunger rumbles every so often but I'm starting to think it's just a warning to up my water intake. So yeah, all is good on TS for me.

Will you be using a product plan to lose weight?

Last edited:
Hi JellyBelly I'm new as well and doing exante total solution. I personally love to write my goals down and then tick them off as I achieve them, I also have a couple of pics I look at from when (years ago!) I was at my target weight which helps me remember why I'm doing it and keep me more motivated. Good luck! 😊

Focus on each day. This is a lifestyle you are creating and not another silly little diet you will follow. This is the journey to your freedom and new opportunities. Stop and smell the roses along the way and find that yes having a image in your head with your goal focus on channeling that feeling to this very moment. Make a playlist and once around in your room. Sing laugh dance, enjoy today because that is the only way you will reach tomorrow and the future with the same level of joy or even more! WE al believe in you and we know you can reach theses goals. Let any one of us know if you need help. We are all rooting for you!

xxx

Hi I’m new to posting on here and looking for tips on staying motivated. My first few weeks are always full of drive and determination but something seems to slip and I end up back to square one plus a stone.
I’ve booked a holiday for April 2019 and have 5 stone to shift so keeping my motivation is key. Any tips for keeping the drive fresh? Thanks, Kez. X

Back