no drinking, no friday pint after work, any suggestions? :D

MisterMRL

hello all, rather than introduce myself all over again, see here for my first post,

anyway, i back to my original question, there are many things thats i'm going to miss, or will have to change, the biggy is my friday pint night with my mates, and secondly a saturday pint when the weathers nice, now i know after reading the other threads that boozing on the LT diet is off the cards, so how do i remain social without boozing, as i HATE being the sober one with a group of drunks lol ,and ost of my friends like me are mid 20's and still do the saturday 'sesh' thing, how do you cope not being able to join in?

please be gentle :worthy: lol

It says you have 3stone to loose, for a male on LT that really won't take any time at all. I was at my uncles 40th party on day 4, and I danced the night away and had as much craic as everyone else.. no one noticed. It'll really be worth it.. 2 months or so down the line and u'll be a different person.

Missy is right, 3 stone wont take that long to lose and its worth missing out on a few nights out to be where you wanna be!! Just think how crap you'll feel being out and sober then think how good you'll feel when you go out and your 3 stones lighter!!!!

Was that gentle enough?? lol

Clair x

You will be able to join in very soon , Alcohol will still be there when you are 3 stone lighter. I know it sounds a bit naff but if i go to the pub with friends or family I get sparkling water, some people may think its a short of some kind anyway and not comment. The fizz really tastes like a treat when you are bored of still water and I find I still have a real laugh without the booze.

Thats what i miss too,my magners and being able to go out. but like the other ladies said it wont be long before we will be able to join in(in moderation of course).

thanks for the support, i've noticed forums are a good way of sticking to things, having the gentle ;) support, i suppose it'll be difficult the first few weeks, but as you've all said, it'll be better going out 3 stone lighter in a few months time, and the booze will indeed still be there...... however i feel i may have to warn the landlord upon my return lol

heya fellow north westerner!!
Like the ladies say booze will still be there and even when ya bein taunted or missing your pint just remember the end result. It'll be so much better to have that pint or ten at the end when ya look amazing. After 6-7wks i found i stopped missin the pub - dont die of shock! - it felt good to be out and about. Even managed to drag some of the pub crowd with me haha! If they're true mates they will find other ways than just the pub to chillax! I've been doin stuff i havent done since college! Roller rink, ice skating, the zoo, big walks. If anyone else can comment what they've done with their social life or any stories bout still bein at the pub let us know! Good thread!! And if ya in same village as me, i think the landlord will want us both back quick before he goes bankrupt lol. Keep up the hard work hun x

Hey, theres no easy answer to this Im afraid its just deprivation... you cant drink... Gonna be a toughie mate but like the others have said it will be so worth it, and just think of the Saturday morning furry mouth and bad head that you wont have tomorrow when all your mates have, you will be fresh as a daisy! Have fun but no drink.. (you never know you may get used to it! lol) Have a good weekend...

I found the no alcohol an absolute killer at the start MRL, but after almost 8 weeks on TFR I've got through many many social occasions with the aid of sparkling water, and can honestly say that it doesn't bother me at all now. I actually feel I have broken some sort of hold alcohol had over me - it's not that I did drink that much or that often, but more that when I expected to, I felt done out of something if I didn't. Hard to explain.

Anyway - you will be a very very popular person if you can give people lifts for the next couple of months (with the strict understanding that next time is their turn!)

Even managed to drag some of the pub crowd with me haha! If they're true mates they will find other ways than just the pub to chillax! I've been doin stuff i havent done since college! Roller rink, ice skating, the zoo, big walks.
Perhaps we should start a weekend club lol cos those sound like good ideas, although i fear i may have a hard time dragging my lager loving mates away from the boozer lol, i've been trying to find something to do for this coming weekend too

aAnyway - you will be a very very popular person if you can give people lifts for the next couple of months (with the strict understanding that next time is their turn!)
maybe i could start charging???? lol

lol MRL Taxis ahoy!!!
well yeah sure where abouts in north west are ya hun? The circus is in town this wkend!! No no no not me.... the PROPER circus!! Its t'other end of chorley, near botany bay wed8th-sun12th! I'm goin - my birthday treat :) get gone!!x

Last edited:
You're a bloke, so the weight should drop off you and 3 stone will be gone in a couple of months. Be designated driver, keep your money and buy yourself a major treat. (Also you can be super-smug on Saturday mornings when you have no hangover and drag your mates out to do something energetic - I'm trying to think of blokey things here - paintballing, footy?). Good luck, it is tough, but do-able

Back