No excuses, vegan weight loss diary

I hope this is in the right place- sorry if it isn't!

I have been a member of slimming world (for the 2nd time) since January 2016. In 2009, I lost around 3 stone, but was having a very different diet at that point- I didn't like cheese, and ate meat. On the menu then were lots of omelettes, slimming world burgers and chicken nuggets using my hex b as breadcrumbs and my mum did most of my cooking!
Now in 2016, I'm living on my own, with no one to watch over what I'm eating, and I'm trying to become vegan (but in all honesty struggling with cheese and chocolate) and loose weight. I have around 8 stone to loose at least. Since January, I have lost and regained the same 8lbs.

Having been thinking about this, I realised that loosing anything more than 8lbs will take me to the lowest weight I have been in a few years and this scares me- The slimmest I have been was 15 stone which is by no means slim. I have no idea what I will look like, what a comfortable weight is, or to wear clothes less than a size 18.

Until today, as I sat in a different group to my usual one, on my own, not knowing anyone and gaining 3lbs this week, I wanted to cry (but held it in until I got in the car). That wanting to cry and feeling so upset is worse than feeling scared about the unknown of loosing weight. There's no need to be scared of loosing weight, all it can do is make my life so much better.

Even by writing that down, I feel a lot less pressured. No I didn't get great support tonight in group (when I said to the leader I'm not going to transfer groups I was quickly moved on from) but I've been honest with myself (and now the world of Minimins) about whats been holding me back, and now it can only get better!

Back