No longer on CD!!!

yummy mummy

Silver Member
Hi all i havent been on here latley had so much to do, what with finding a new job (which i got), getting the house sorted and trying to get over thr flu. Im no longer on CD now had a terrible week last week and really thought long and hard about what i need to do. Well im down to my original target and any more was a bonus so still got some to go before i will stop. so im back on WW now anmd really enjoying it. im trying to think of the eating as a way of life and not just a DIET which i always do and end up falling off track. i can see you all still doing really well and keep it up.

YM you've done really well so far and with your move to WW I'm sure you'll continue to do well. There's a good forum of people on WW on here who will all give you sound advice and the rest of us will still support you whatever diet you are on.

Good luck!

thnks, i have noticed though since eating nothing but salads sine i came off of cd my weight has gone up by 4-5lbs? any idea why this could happen?

Are you still drinking loads of water??? Could be water retention.

Have you had anything with carbs in it??? ie even milk in tea/coffee - if you have your body will store the glycogen. Have you measured yourself - I bet your inches haven't increased.

Good luck with your ww journey, you did really well getting your tartget on cd and im sure the rest will be gone soon. Sarahxx.

thnks, i have noticed though since eating nothing but salads sine i came off of cd my weight has gone up by 4-5lbs? any idea why this could happen?

Congrats' and well done on your new job and glad your feeling better after the flu.

When you come off a vlcd you have to introduce food in a sequence otherwise you will gain a couple of pounds. As Beverley says it is mostly glycogen.Glycogen is stored 4 parts of water for each part of glycogen. This means that a pound of glycogen may hold an additional 4 pounds of water.

Try to keep your water intake up to around at least 2 litres a day.

Best of luck now with WW and I look forward to see how you get on.

Will you be going to the classes.:confused:

It is a good programme to follow and very educational as regards becoming aware of reading labels and knowing what is in our food.

Love Mini xxx

Its normal to put on a few lbs when stopping CD/LL/LT. Its water weight not fat and willeventually come off again. Good luck with WW, lucky you having real food again.

Hi all i havent been on here latley had so much to do, what with finding a new job (which i got), getting the house sorted and trying to get over thr flu. Im no longer on CD now had a terrible week last week and really thought long and hard about what i need to do. Well im down to my original target and any more was a bonus so still got some to go before i will stop. so im back on WW now anmd really enjoying it. im trying to think of the eating as a way of life and not just a DIET which i always do and end up falling off track. i can see you all still doing really well and keep it up.

Yummy Mummy :cry: , good luck with WW, jealous that you are eating, but please come back and update with how you are getting on...

Love

So, when I had flu the other week and had to stop LL and put on weight even though I was hardly eating, it wasn't fat, it was glycogen? right?

I'm starting CD in a couple of days as I've got an intolerance to the lactose and LL won't keep me on. I'm finding it hard to get back into ketosis again (I'm finishing off the LL packs I already have). It didn't seem so hard when I originally started LL on 7th Feb.

Chris

hi all thanks for the replys, i have lost in inches but feel really bloated and anoyed that the scales are saying more. i feel really ill today so no work (cleaning) for me tonight!
I will keep you all updated with all my moans but soon enough im sure ill be back on cd but not a a perm thing i need my food.(so so sad) im trying to keep up the water but with the food it makes me quite sick!!! and yeah ive been having carbs really cut them down to what i was having so thjats good and having alot smaller portions now too!

I dealt with glycogen regain by not weighing myself.

It's that simple!

If you know or suspect that carb intake will give a false gain, don't make yourself miserable. Just don't weigh for at least one week. I waited for two weeks. At the end of this time I'd shed the glycogen and was losing weight again - whilst eating 'good', healthy carbs...

I'm SS-ing at present on CD and man am I hungry.

ive been so ill the past few days ive been eating helathy but gave in today and had a beef roll(x2) im sure thats not all of my points but god im so depressed today :(

ive been so ill the past few days ive been eating helathy but gave in today and had a beef roll(x2) im sure thats not all of my points but god im so depressed today :(

Hun, I'm there with ya.

I'm way past Day 3 of SS and I am totally starving. I've been really hungry for the past 5 or 6 hours.

Just downed my umpteenth pint of fluid - I've lost count - and boy oh boy do I want to EAT.

My successful weeks on 790 were such fun, compared to this. I don't want to give in but how I will get through 'til bedtime without snacking I just don't know! Bedtime is one of my most stressful, hungry times of day to begin with.

I've already had 3 packs! So I'll need to add a fourth, later. Betcha I'll still be hungry.

Back