No loss in 2nd week ;-(

Hi all i am new to slimming world. I am doing the extra easy plan. Last week i lost 4.5lbs, but this week i sts. I am dissapointed as have been really good. The only thing i can think is that i dont eat enough. I am not hungry so i skip lunch some days.... could this be the problem?? Also some days i dont have my healthy extras. Please help!!!!!

Hi all i am new to slimming world. I am doing the extra easy plan. Last week i lost 4.5lbs, but this week i sts. I am dissapointed as have been really good. The only thing i can think is that i dont eat enough. I am not hungry so i skip lunch some days.... could this be the problem?? Also some days i dont have my healthy extras. Please help!!!!!

you have answered your own questions right there! skipping lunch ??+ no healthy extras= not following plan = no sucess !

Yes you are right i have answered my question!!! Does anyone else not feel hungry??
It may be because i had an accident at the weekend, so in pain and thats why not feeling hungry....... but really not sure.....

If you skip a meal, your body goes into starvation mode. It basically says to itself "hey hang on a minute here, we were due some food. What's going on? I'll just hold on to what I already have and store that, just in case."

Try to eat something small. And you must have your healthy extras in order to balance your diet, or run the risk of finding yourself low in calcium or fibre... no fun at all.

Yes you are right i have answered my question!!! Does anyone else not feel hungry??
It may be because i had an accident at the weekend, so in pain and thats why not feeling hungry....... but really not sure.....

does anyone else not feel hungry?? jeez i wish LOL

what i would say is, not following the plan will jeopardise your weight loss more than anything and thats for sure. hazarding a guess at other reasons why isnt very helpful for you at this stage hun! you have to do it properly *wags finger*

I can't ever say I've felt hungry on SW although I'm well ready for my breakfast in the mornings.

It's really important to make sure you eat enough on plan as this (surprisingly enough) does help with the weight loss. As xMandyDx says your body goes into starvation mode and this will have the opposite effect to what you want. Also your body needs to have something to kick start your metabolism and the only way this can happen is if you feed it. It's always worth remembering that sometimes you might not lose or you might sts...everybody's different and that's the way it is. One thing for sure if you stick to plan then you will see the weight coming off.

Avoiding the HEX's won't help as again these are something your body needs. Missing them out won't necessarily help you lose weight and could lead to problems.

The SW Plans have been researched and the idea of food optimising has been successfully tried and tested for over 40 years. With over 400,000 members now in UK I think that's testimony to the fact it does work...but only if you stick to it. ;) Perhaps you could discuss completing a food diary with your Consultant. That might help you plan your meals a bit better.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. :)

Yes I second all the things said. There are times that I have eaten enough without using my HEXs. In that case I try to have them as snack in the evening, but if I don't feel hungry then I will not push myself to have them. I make ensure to incorporate enough calcium and carbs in my plan so not having HEXs will not hurt.

Hi michelle
Not sure how much weight you have to lose but if it is only a small amount that could be a reason after a good weight loss last week. I also agree with all of the above comments, you need to eat regularly and have your HEx's.
I have weeks when I stay the same even though I stick to plan 100%. I had about 5 weeks when I didn't lose at all and then over Christmas lost 6lbs!!! It always seems to even out in the end. Try not to fixate on a weekly weight loss but see it as a life style which will take time and you will get there.
Good luck!

I.STS week 2 but I stuck 100% on plan but did do weight lifting class 2 days before which stung like help as I did too much.

Stick to plan,have healthy extras use Syns and eat lots of superfree and enjoy

Hang in there - I sts on the 2nd week and then the week after lost 3.5lbs so do as the others have said, trust the plan & you will see the scales go down!

When I first started it took a good month for my body to get in the swing of things but once it did I consistently lost. Give it a few weeks to settle in :)

Thank you everyone for the comments. I have been eating 3 meals a day and eating my healthy extras the past few days and will continue to do this, so hopefully will start to see results over next few weeks. I have 1 stone in weight to lose. :) I was just feeling disappointed as no weight loss, and compared to the rubbish i used to eat to what i have been eating i was sure of a loss!!!!

Back