No money for superfree til next week - am i wasting my time?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by debtin, 25 July 2011 Social URL.

1. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    hey everyone, we hve went through a rocky patch with my partners job & consequently havent had much money recently. I wasnt feeling well and he did the shopping this week which after buying the necessities for us and our child he didnt buy any fruit or veg - we wont have any money now til next week so need to use what we have. My biggest worry is that i will undo my good work if i am not eating fruit or veg...if i just eat free foods in the same portions etc i usually do without over eating will this be ok? i am assuming its the portion control that aids the loss and not the actual fruit or veg? any advise would be great - i have frozen brocolli and frozen peppers in the house x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    What about swapping to red and green days this week where the 1/3 superfree doesn't matter so much ? xxxxx

4. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    i agree with the above.....and green is the cheapest plan to do too.

5. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    thanks ladies, i have never done green or red days, are these easy to grasp? will have a little look at my books but i remember looking before and couldnt get my head round it. Will try again, thanks

6. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I do green days when I don't have much cash. All your pasta and rice and potatoes are free, as are beans and pulses, and quorn pieces/mince. You get 2 Healthy Bs & A's, and if you have some meat or fish availabe, you can use a measured amount as one of your HEB's (I find its not enough for chicken or mince, but more than enough for prawns for example).

A green day for me looks like this

Brekkie:
    Porridge (HEB1) made with FF yog, froxen mixed berries (if available)
    Poached Eggs on Toast (HEB1)
    Some form of Homemade veg Soup - you can make it with some stock and a bag of frozen veg if necessary, add some potatoes for bulk & texture.
    Jacket Potato with baked beans & cheese (HEA1)
    Savoury Rice/Pasta n Sauce
    Egg & SW Chips and Beans (I usually add some mushrooms & tomatoes but not necessary)

Then you've still got a HEA & B left! I always struggle to eat my syns on a green day too.

Okay, it won't be the most exciting food you'll ever eat, but it will keep you going till payday.

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Green day would be great, it's very cheap - potatoes, beans, pasta etc are all free and are stuff you've probably got in the house? And you can fill up on twice as much Healthy Extras as well, so bread/cereal/crispbread and milk/cheese is double what you get on EE.

8. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    aw brilliant ladies that is so helpful - to be honest looking at kingleds menu that is fairly close to the one i have except i add the veg/fruit so is the main difference then just the healthy extras and the obvious fruit/veg? thanks again

9. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    yep pretty much...you dont have to have third superfree,you get 2 heb and 1 or 2 hea - your choice as to 1 or 2.
    i love green days,they are my fave anyway as i feel so full and satisfied on them and also as said before they are the cheapest.

10. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I only do green days too and find it both cheap and really satisfying. Go for it! If you have any more questions just give us a shout.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.