Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

No money for superfree til next week - am i wasting my time?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by debtin, 25 July 2011 Social URL.

1. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    hey everyone, we hve went through a rocky patch with my partners job & consequently havent had much money recently. I wasnt feeling well and he did the shopping this week which after buying the necessities for us and our child he didnt buy any fruit or veg - we wont have any money now til next week so need to use what we have. My biggest worry is that i will undo my good work if i am not eating fruit or veg...if i just eat free foods in the same portions etc i usually do without over eating will this be ok? i am assuming its the portion control that aids the loss and not the actual fruit or veg? any advise would be great - i have frozen brocolli and frozen peppers in the house x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JackieN

JackieN One day at a time, one step at a time

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    What about swapping to red and green days this week where the 1/3 superfree doesn't matter so much ? xxxxx

4. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    i agree with the above.....and green is the cheapest plan to do too.

5. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    thanks ladies, i have never done green or red days, are these easy to grasp? will have a little look at my books but i remember looking before and couldnt get my head round it. Will try again, thanks

6. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I do green days when I don't have much cash. All your pasta and rice and potatoes are free, as are beans and pulses, and quorn pieces/mince. You get 2 Healthy Bs & A's, and if you have some meat or fish availabe, you can use a measured amount as one of your HEB's (I find its not enough for chicken or mince, but more than enough for prawns for example).

A green day for me looks like this

Brekkie:
    Porridge (HEB1) made with FF yog, froxen mixed berries (if available)
    Poached Eggs on Toast (HEB1)
    Some form of Homemade veg Soup - you can make it with some stock and a bag of frozen veg if necessary, add some potatoes for bulk & texture.
    Jacket Potato with baked beans & cheese (HEA1)
    Savoury Rice/Pasta n Sauce
    Egg & SW Chips and Beans (I usually add some mushrooms & tomatoes but not necessary)

Then you've still got a HEA & B left! I always struggle to eat my syns on a green day too.

Okay, it won't be the most exciting food you'll ever eat, but it will keep you going till payday.

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Green day would be great, it's very cheap - potatoes, beans, pasta etc are all free and are stuff you've probably got in the house? And you can fill up on twice as much Healthy Extras as well, so bread/cereal/crispbread and milk/cheese is double what you get on EE.

8. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    aw brilliant ladies that is so helpful - to be honest looking at kingleds menu that is fairly close to the one i have except i add the veg/fruit so is the main difference then just the healthy extras and the obvious fruit/veg? thanks again

9. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    yep pretty much...you dont have to have third superfree,you get 2 heb and 1 or 2 hea - your choice as to 1 or 2.
    i love green days,they are my fave anyway as i feel so full and satisfied on them and also as said before they are the cheapest.

10. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I only do green days too and find it both cheap and really satisfying. Go for it! If you have any more questions just give us a shout.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.