No Regrets Wedding Day Bride

I'm so sorry to say - a slice of cake did such terrible things to me I wouldn't dream of doing it again. But I think we all need to have a massive tango experience to scare us into submission! I'm sorry this is TMI, but especially as you're out all day, from tomorrow until tango days are over, I'd recommend you either wear a sanitary towel or try tissue between your buttocks (!!) and also even changes of underwear because the oil that comes out does not smell pleasant. You may have terrible stomach craps (mine were really noisy too) which leads to passing wind, and farting makes the oil come out! Sometimes involuntarily. I hope you're experience is not so bad. It only lasts a few days x

Thanks for the heads up ladies.

It's been about 12 hrs and nothing yet? How long did it take roughly for it to kick in?
I'm gonna pack plenty of knickers in my bag and have spare jeans in the car. I really don't know what I was thinking!!! Arghhhh I think I was so happy with the wedding planner that I felt like celebrating!!! Well now that could lead to a horrible day...

That slice of cake took about 24hrs for you Lux was it? Not gonna take any tablets today!

Yeah it took 12-16 hours. Tbh I'm not sure stopping taking pills today will make any difference. Your totally excused for being excited after seeing the wedding planner though :D it's lovely that wedding plans are coming along nicely, congratulations :D is the wedding your motivation for weight loss?

Ok its been 28hrs now and no effects. Hopefully I've gotten away with it. I suppose it could still happen yet. And too be honest I need to learn my lesson. I made better choices today as we had to eat out for lunch and dinner.

Ya my wedding is the main reason I want to lose weight. I want to have no regrets.... You wouldn't think that by the way I ate yesterday!! I probably am an emotional eater.. Wanting to celebrate by eating chipper food! Disaster!! Need stronger will power. Maybe I'll buy my dress two sizes too small... Then I'd have no choice!!

So glad you haven't suffered :) I'm also an emotional eater. I celebrate everything with food. Pay day = lots of nice food, comfort eating and end of the month scrimping = dirt cheap junk food... Everything's about food in my head. It's excellent that you've made better choices today though.

Ok so it's been 48hrs and had a very slight bit tango today. So hopefully that was it. Lesson learned!!

Does any of you use my fitness pal to record calories and exercise?
I've been using it for the last two weeks and for the majority of days (bar the few exceptions previously mentioned) I've been under my calorie goal. I like it because you press complete diary entry it's says if everyday was like this you will be 13stone 3 in 5 weeks!! Although the scales haven't moved at all in 2 weeks! My own fault because of the food tour last weekend and the chipper this weekend!! But I was hoping I'd lose a lb. Two treats have cost me dearly!!!
I walk almost everyday and swim once or twice a week and some weeks I also do a fitness class.

Lost 1lb this week.
I'm very happy with that. A pound a week until Christmas and I'll be a stone lighter. That's do able. Haven't taken any xenical tablets this week at all. To be honest I don't really know why. Just never took them after I had chipper.
I think maybe one reason was they are too restrictive. I have a very low fat diet now anyways because I'm following slimming world and the majority of my meals wouldn't have any fat in them e.g some mornings for breakfast I was having porridge made with water and skim milk, turkey salad sandwich and fruit and fat free yogurts for lunch and then some sort of stir fry in the evening and my treats being either a rowntrees ice lolly or options hot choc and marshmallows.
I think I was also falling into a false sense of security too by thinking oh this food has no fat in it so I can eat as much as I like... e.g bread or hairbos and they aren't on the slimming world rules.
Plus they are very expensive here in Ireland €80 for a months supply that's £60 and I only work part time!!

I've a very active social life and I know that's part of my problem. But in certain situations the food is out of my control. I can chose not too eat as much but next weekend I've my friends 30th party and the following day a wedding which is a five course meal and the in October I have another wedding, my best friends 30th and my birthday! There's always something!!!
It's easier to manage the social side if I'm on slimming world only but with the xenical it gives me too much anxiety that I might eat the wrong thing and have an accident at one of these social engagements. I just think the stress of being on them isn't going to help the weight loss.

I know I'm rambling a bit but I'm trying to decide whether to go back on them or not. I've a full months supply left anyways. My sister in law hated them and stopped after two weeks because she saw no weight lost at all. Now her BMI is in the overweight range and to be fair she has only max a stone to a stone and a half to lose to be her ideal weight. She didn't give them a fair chance at all but she's very impatient anyways.

I'm not going back on them until after next weekend anyways.

I don't blame you - you've got some lovely occasions coming up and if the tablets are causing anxiety then you won't enjoy them as much. If I were in your position I'd go back on the tablets after all the events, but they're not for everyone. Glad slimming world is working out for you though :D well done on your loss x

I'm over a week off the tablets and to be honest i'm not missing them. I've stuck to the plan as good as I could apart from a few extra treats. I was very good with the exercise this week and yesterday I did a 31km cycle. According to my fitness pal I burned over 800calories so I treated myself to a bag of crisps with my sandwich! But according to my Fiancé's fitness app endomodo we burned 1600calories! It took us two hours and 20 mins. My muscles are sore today and I was up a pound on my own scales this morning so I better drink lots of water today because I'd say it's fluid retention.

So I'm very annoyed this evening! I tried really hard this week. I went for 5 walks, a Pilates class and cycled 31km and kept under my calorie allowance everyday on my fitness pal and I only lost half a pound. I know some of ye might think it'll show next week but I doubt it cos I've the wedding and my friends 30th so two nights out. I won't be eating extra at the 30th but will have some alcohol and the wedding I've no control over. Even it had been one pound I would have been happier!!

But on the bright side I'm in the 13s now. I haven't been swimming for about 2 weeks now so I'll think I'll go back to that instead of walks in the morning. With the weather being so nice I like to make the most of it but it doesn't seem to be helping my weight loss.

Stayed the same this week. Was expecting it though because of the 30th party and the wedding.
Decided that I'm gonna start the couch to 5km again. I have done it before and got all the way to the end but had to stop running as my hip got very sore. Rested it for a few weeks and every time I went back to it, my hip pain flared up again.
It's been over 6months so I'm gonna try again and if it flares up I'm gonna go to the doc this time.
So day 1 week 1 today was jog 45 seconds, walk 90, jog 45, walk 60 x 5.
Really enjoyed it had no bother at all doing the jogs.
Going for a walk tomorrow and my Pilates class in the evening and I'll do day 2 on Friday.

Lost 2lbs this week! Brings me to a total of 7.5lbs since I got engaged!
Very happy with that but to be honest I've had an extremely sore throat and an upset stomach for 4 days now do haven't been eating much, but when I can it's usually bread and butter or milk and weetabix. So that's probably why!!
Haven't been exercising for over a week either. Totally off plan with the c25k so I'll prob have to start again!!

So I started a new diary because I've given up xenical and am following slimming world only.

Back