No snow in Cornwall but it's still freezing - comfort food needed!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Well as I watch virtually every single inch of the UK on telly covered with snow, there is not a single flake in Cornwall!

It is still utterly freezing though - soooooo I think ciomfort food and lots of it is needed.

What's everybody's favourite meal for a cold winter's night? Tonight it's roast chicken and tomorrow is macaroni cheese - yum.

Pasta cheese and chorizo (25g chorizo just under 2 syns) it my favourite any time but more so when it's like this!

Homemade Broth just gotta love it - and it tastes even better with suet dumplings in - something I really miss on SW as if i have 1 ill want 3 lol so i do without

Yeh I always soak mine Liz - my mam used to do it so I just copy her recipe lol. Now I have MrsWilsoncroft making it too and my daughter just rang and said " mam once ive soaked the broth mix how do I make your broth" lol

Are you using a gammon joint liz? if so put mine in my slow cooker overnight. Next day I take it out of the slow cooker and shred it all, then place into a pan the size of a pressure cooker with the broth mix, add all my veg, which ive cut into cube sized bits, turnip, carrots, leeks, potatoes, onions, a veggie stock cube then cover with water and boil until all the veg is soft stirring now and again to stop it sticking. x

Bacon and lentil soup for me xxx

Cheese and potato pie and baked beans :D Or a big veggie curry and rice. You need stodge in this kind of weather I always think! x

Back