Not been a Kindle thread for a while!

I got one for christmas, loving it. :3 Gonna type up my slimming world HE's, Superfrees, and frees and load em up. I have my kindle on me all of the time so it will be super handy rather than taking my book and wrecking it :)

I got a BUILT spotty neoprene cover for it (my mum and dad got me it) just saw it on amazon for £25! But it is so pretty and really protects it :)

Last edited:
You can download kindle onto your iPad, so I would say it wAs a waste of money.

I have a good S.W. collection on my kindle in pdf form.
Syn list - HEX A and B choices on Green days - free food on green days. (Just do Green days).
I don't do EE but also have a list of SS and S foods etc for reference.

I don't have an all singing, all dancing phone so find this a brillliant way of taking things with me as my Kindle is always in my bag.

Will do some recipes when I get round to them.

I have a good S.W. collection on my kindle in pdf form.
Syn list - HEX A and B choices on Green days - free food on green days. (Just do Green days).
I don't do EE but also have a list of SS and S foods etc for reference.

I don't have an all singing, all dancing phone so find this a brillliant way of taking things with me as my Kindle is always in my bag.

Will do some recipes when I get round to them.

Daft question, but how do you upload pdf or anything to the Kindle? - obviously it can be done but not aware how.

Maximus said:
Daft question, but how do you upload pdf or anything to the Kindle? - obviously it can be done but not aware how.

You have to send it to yourself as an email to your kindle address, which should be in your settings! I've only had mine a week so not tried it yet!

First I tried the email route but had problems with it and found this easier.

Connect your Kindle to your computer.
A box will appear on your screen - click on "open folder to view files"
I kept my pdf's on the desk top so I right clicked on it and went down the list to "send to" and chose to send it to My Kindle - you will see it appear in the Kindle folder.
Now drag it into the Document folder.

Safely disconnect Kindle from computer.

PDF's should now be on the Home page of your Kindle. I made a New Collection and put them all in the same one so they don't get mixed up with my books.

If you are not sure get back to me and I will try and help further. Found this the easiest way.

HI - risking getting shouted down again :sigh: - you can get ebooks from Ebay just search ebooks these can be downloaded easy - they send you a cd you can put in yr computer or laptop, plug in yr Kindle and drag over the books you want. Lots have the same old classics but if you look for the collections eg James Patterson / Steven King etc you can buy all the books for a couple of quid. - the latest books look for New York times bestsellers 2008 - 2011

Chook - we do the same and share the same CD but buy the ones I can't get that way when they are no more than 99p.
Anybody want my PDF Slimming Word stuff - quite welcome to it - just message me and I will send it to you. May be last years but whatever - it works.

Back