In a situation i've not been in for a while - best choices?

Sealmylips

Okay so tomorrow i have a seminar all day from 10am -4pm at Uni! I do the degree through the OU and so therefore from home! When i worked before i used to take a packed lunch so as never to be tempted in the cafeteria or go out for lunch BUT i don't want to be left there on my own with a smelly pack up that will be festering in my bag from 8.30 until 1pm :rolleyes: and figured it would be more sociable to eat in the cafe, or pop into the city centre for lunch. Plus my bag is already soooo heavy with coursebooks, materials, notebooks etc.

The cafe will apparently be open for sandwiches, snacks and 'some hot food'

What are the best options i could go for?

I'm taking a pot of Mango and Grapes, a banana and a hifi bar and will be having a HUGE fruit salad and fat free yog for brekkie (meaning i have my he's to fall back on too!) and have pklanned to ahve Gammon, Egg, SW Chips, Peas for dinner so all is syn free!

Also i'd usually drink green tea throughout the day and i know coffee / tea machines are synful! So maybe i should just take water and diet coke but again, heavy bag already? :sigh:

Maybe there will be a vending machine with diet coke and water and what about black coffee.
If you go out for lunch, jacket potato and beans, ham, chicken, salad. Or maybe an omlette and syn the oil they fry in or use hex b. X

There is usually somewhere that sells jacket potato, only downside is they don't always do salad, but you could have a bit of your fruit for superfree and get beans on it and just ask for no butter?

There is always somewhere you can buy diet coke/water so you should be ok with that :)

. . .
I'm taking a pot of Mango and Grapes, a banana and a hifi bar and will be having a HUGE fruit salad and fat free yog for brekkie (meaning i have my he's to fall back on too!) and have pklanned to ahve Gammon, Egg, SW Chips, Peas for dinner so all is syn free! . . .

In circumstances like these I just wouldn't bother to have lunch. I would find something more interesting to do. You are having a good breakfast, you have some snacks with you, and you are having a good dinner.

Hi. In that situation which is every couple of weeks i make sure i have a huge brekkie(big bowl of Bulgar with fruit and natural yogurt). Then have fruit (at least 1banana) and alpen lights in my bag. If there is nothing decent on the menu i would have a huge skinny capp (milk keeps nice and full) with my fruit and bar. Usually though there is some nice soup which prob syned but have that and then just have a nice salad with some pasta or lots roasted veg for tea. If its like my uni you could get mugs of hot water so you could take mug shot with you too.

I often have days where I can't get lunch, but always have fruit with me so I can 'graze'. I always have a good brekkie. I think its also about the mindset of food and being sociable that we are challenged by when we start SW. I used to feel a bit awkward about eating different foods to everyone else when in such situations, but got my head around it, if I was a veggie, food intolerant etc it would be perfectly acceptable to eat differently from other people, whilst still sitting and eating with them. I have been known to take my own food, even when food is provided, if I don't think it will fit with the way I want to eat. SW is my dietary need and if there is nothing suitable I will happily provide my own and not feel uncomfortable about doing it anymore.

You should be able to find salad somewhere at the very least. If I eat somewhere now I tell them what I want and I have never been refused yet. xx

AnnaFaraday said:
In circumstances like these I just wouldn't bother to have lunch. I would find something more interesting to do. You are having a good breakfast, you have some snacks with you, and you are having a good dinner.

Very similar to what I was going to say, have a big breakfast, big dinner and snacks between. If you can't last just on superfree snacks maybe get a mugshot to see you through, if there is a kettle or coffee machine where you can get hot water.

Back