Not happy

franklyscarlet

Hello all,firstly thank you for my lovely welcome.I was so pleased to see how friendly everyone is,what a great forum!
I've been on the pills nearly 3 weeks now and yesterday weighed myself for the first time since starting and I haven't lost anything :confused: It took me a few days to get used to changing my eating habits and it was birthday last weekend and I had a lovely cake which I ate lots of.But I was hoping I might have at least lost a pound or two.
Am I asking too much too soon or can it take some people longer to kick in than others? I almost gave up I was so upset but my sons wont let me,they're so proud that I'm trying to change :eek:

Can you give us some examples of what you are eating. You should have lost something after three weeks. Have you a lot to lose? Have you changed to a low fat diet? I'm sure we can help you.

Hi thanks for replying.This is a typical day for me food wise.
Breakfast=special K and skimmed milk
Lunch=ham sandwich,fruit and a low fat cereal bar
Dinner=whatever the family are eating but no fried foods and plenty of veg/salad
Supper=small bowl of cereal and skimmed milk

It took a few days to change my eating habits and I did have a weekend off the pills so its more like 2/2.5 weeks I spose.Have cut my portion size down as they were bigger than they should have been.

Hi thanks for replying.This is a typical day for me food wise.
Breakfast=special K and skimmed milk
Lunch=ham sandwich,fruit and a low fat cereal bar
Dinner=whatever the family are eating but no fried foods and plenty of veg/salad
Supper=small bowl of cereal and skimmed milk

It took a few days to change my eating habits and I did have a weekend off the pills so its more like 2/2.5 weeks I spose.Have cut my portion size down as they were bigger than they should have been.

cant see why you wouldnt have lost anything on that usless they are very high fat meals. can i ask are you experiencing the dreaded side effects? taking the tablets with the 3 main meals?

I think the feeling. I went out and bought scales today and I haven't changed since my last weigh in which was a week ago! ....I was very disappointed and also disappointed at my first weigh in cuz I didn't loose as much as most people say they have...I was told it's different for everyone and some people just loose slower..How much weight do you have too loose...?? and are you exercising aswell??

i only lost 7lb in 2 weeks and was thrilled with it :D shouldnt compare yourself to others hun. least its coming off and thats the main thing

Dont get down hearted just yet, keep a proper food diary on here it really helps to get on track and if someone notices something you shouldnt have they can tell you!! So list everything that passes your lips and we will all help you out!! I know it can be hard but stay positive!!

I am exercising,slowly to start with cos I have a few joint problems but I do it without fail.Think I ballsed up my meals to start with,I thought you could eat anything and the pills would deal with it so that might have hindered things I guess.
I need some ideas for dinners,I'm fine with breakfast and lunches but its dinners I struggle with,plus I have three hungry fellas to feed too.

See i cheat alot and have the ready meals that weigh watchers or tesco light choices do!! But skinless chicken is fine with veg and potatoes, no butter!! Or you could use the chicken in a sweet and sour sauce with rice or noodles!! The blue dragon stir fry sauces are also ok!! Tuna and pasta with a low fat soft cheese!! Eggs are a no no (well the yellow of an egg is, you can use the whites) for most people so is salmon!! Salads, low fat soups/homemade soups!! Did you try the qourn mince or chicken they are very low fat, and my hubby never notices the difference!! One of the girls on here has an Alli cookbook and she gets some great recipes from that!!

i find eggs ok and the dr said one or 2 now and then are fine as long as you dont have them fried. i find a lot of normal ready meals are fine too as long as you keep to the 5/100g rule and also check the per pack for 15g or less (been caught out a few times by that lol)

also the thing is.what are you have to eat for tea.? you say you have what the rest of the family are having..In my family there are 6 of us and i find i cook them all the same and then cook something different for myself.My hub works nights in the week so it not to bad.But at the weekend he will eat what i have.
you really need to look at the fat content in everything.
also how much roughly do you have to lose to get to your goal.? If your close ish to your goal it will take a bit more work.
SalLou. i never have egg at all i thing.id rather have something else i enjoy with the 6g of fat that are in an egg. i could have 2 of are chocolate wafer bars for though 6g of egg.lol

also the thing is.what are you have to eat for tea.? you say you have what the rest of the family are having..In my family there are 6 of us and i find i cook them all the same and then cook something different for myself.My hub works nights in the week so it not to bad.But at the weekend he will eat what i have.
you really need to look at the fat content in everything.
also how much roughly do you have to lose to get to your goal.? If your close ish to your goal it will take a bit more work.
SalLou. i never have egg at all i thing.id rather have something else i enjoy with the 6g of fat that are in an egg. i could have 2 of are chocolate wafer bars for though 6g of egg.lol
I need to lose about 3 stone,Im going shopping later to get stuff specially for me as I think that will be the best option.Cook for the fellas and then myself,I can keep a better track then.Thing is my waist is an inch slimmer than 3 weeks ago so find that a bit odd but that might be the exercises I spose.
Thank you for all the helpful replies ladies,its very much appreciated :)

Stay positive .....I agree cereal bars are deceiving and are high in fat !! your evening meal portion should be around half of your dinner plate.....eat plenty of fruit and veg, drink lots of water....

I have no side affects with eggs so will have them the odd time ....how many calories are you having a day ??

I will put some alli recipes up today.....I am just about to make buttermilk pancakes they are good for breakfasts or puddings

To anyone on Xenical or Alli I recommend the Alli Diet Plan book the recipes are fantastic...and some of the ingredients which per 100g go over the 5g rule you use so little to have any bad affects........

Stay positive as together we can lose weight and will forever have eachothers support :) xx

I'd be lost without my eggs! Got home last night rather late after Zumba and self-defence (and a sneaky diet coke at the local con-club!!) and it was too late to be making tea, never mind eating it, so i whipped up a two egg omlette with some boiled ham, a real lifesaver.

To make life a little easier for yourself, depending on what you are cooking for your fellas, if they are having something not within the range for xenical with spuds veg etc, you could replace their not so xenical friendly bit with a chicken breast or piece of fish (you could mariande them to make them a little more exciting!). Even though I've been on them for a couple of months, I'm still finding new things to try, and all these recipes on here are really helpful!

My partner eats what I eat....like today we are having moussaka with salad and maple and cardamon rice pudding for afters.....

The Alli book is my bible and I found out this week that when I don't go by it ...I don't really lose weight...
:)

Back