Not moaning but tis so dammed hot here

Mrs Harley

I love the weather here in Texas.. yesterday we took the harley out for a trip to Galveston which is about an hour from us....we always wear crash helmets...even though Texas law says we dont have too.. but it was so hot on the way back that I thought my head was going to explode.... must have drunk 6 bottles of water and looked like a flipping lobster that was left on boil too long....coming back through Santa Fe the temps were hitting 104f...
Although we have very light mesh jackets ( hubby insists we protect ourselves as much as possible) we did take them off on the journey back I was wearing a vest top and today look like I am wearing a white vest....I look hilarious....
Anyway thought I would sit in the garden for an hour and get a crack on covering my tan lines...looked at the temperature to find its 109f....

Sometimes I just wish we lived in good old blighty or Ireland with low temps ( even when its hot) and a smigin of rain.....oh how I miss it ( only sometimes though):D

It is too damned hot here as well. Today it was 102 not as hot as you but ridiculous temp. to try and work in.

We melted at the markets last week.

I would love to go back to England and as soon as the housing market improves here that is just what we will do.

After almost 29 years here I am ready for my own people, my own culture, my own language.

Good grief. I am FREEZING tonight. And I am about to go on holiday to Scotland, where the forecast is for a miserly 13 degrees C when we arrive. Jealous, much? Oh yes!

Gosh that is cold !! Especially for August.

When you are cold you can always put another layer on when you are hot you can only go down to your skin.

Hope the weather is warmer for you for Scotland.

wow 102 and having to be at markets... not fun ...I have given up trying to do anything outdoors with these temps, I dont even walk to my postbox down the road, hubby does it on the way home....not lived in the UK since 2002 and I have to admit when I do go back it doesn't feel like home anymore.....so don't know whats going to happen if/when we have to go back.....meantime I thank god for the person who invented air con....and pray for a little bit of rain tonight to take away the humidity...LOL

My feet are like blocks of ice - have had to put the heating on. British summer? :cry:

xx

Good grief. I am FREEZING tonight. And I am about to go on holiday to Scotland, where the forecast is for a miserly 13 degrees C when we arrive. Jealous, much? Oh yes!

Thats flipping freezing alright....LOL... our night time temps are around 75f ( thats 24c)...OMG maybe we wont move back to the UK after all LOL

I can't stand the heat, which limits the places I can go on holiday. I was in Berkshire and Surrey today, and it was 23 degrees, although there was not much sun.

That was more than warm enough for me (I prefer temperatures under 20 degrees) - and I just cannot imagine what 109 must feel like!

I love the weather here in Texas.. yesterday we took the harley out for a trip to Galveston which is about an hour from us....we always wear crash helmets...even though Texas law says we dont have too.. but it was so hot on the way back that I thought my head was going to explode.... must have drunk 6 bottles of water and looked like a flipping lobster that was left on boil too long....coming back through Santa Fe the temps were hitting 104f...
Although we have very light mesh jackets ( hubby insists we protect ourselves as much as possible) we did take them off on the journey back I was wearing a vest top and today look like I am wearing a white vest....I look hilarious....
Anyway thought I would sit in the garden for an hour and get a crack on covering my tan lines...looked at the temperature to find its 109f....

Sometimes I just wish we lived in good old blighty or Ireland with low temps ( even when its hot) and a smigin of rain.....oh how I miss it ( only sometimes though):D

Any real biker would rather ride their bike in 100+ degree weather than drive their car with perfectly good a/c :eek: (a quote taken off an international forum I visit from time to time :)).

We had a heat wave a couple of weeks back and it was awful, even on the motorway with all vents open and I was really sweating :eek: luckily it was only temporary.

Your hubby is right ATGATT (all the gear all the time) you dress for the fall and not for the ride.

I recently went to Cyprus and saw lots of people riding in shorts and flip flops :eek: I can Imagine in places that warm that you just don't ride in the middle of summer.

So where's the pics? :)

Well I'm off to Scotland this weekend, but personally I can handle the cold much easier than the heat.

Sometimes I just wish we lived in good old blighty or Ireland with low temps ( even when its hot) and a smigin of rain.....oh how I miss it ( only sometimes though)

Only a smigin of rain!? It's all 4 season within 24 hours - every day :p

Only a smigin of rain!? It's all 4 season within 24 hours - every day :p

Yep I remember it well..... can't rely on the Irish weather esp in Cork....

Any real biker would rather ride their bike in 100+ degree weather than drive their car with perfectly good a/c :eek: (a quote taken off an international forum I visit from time to time :)).

We had a heat wave a couple of weeks back and it was awful, even on the motorway with all vents open and I was really sweating :eek: luckily it was only temporary.

Your hubby is right ATGATT (all the gear all the time) you dress for the fall and not for the ride.

I recently went to Cyprus and saw lots of people riding in shorts and flip flops :eek: I can Imagine in places that warm that you just don't ride in the middle of summer.

So where's the pics? :)

Well I'm off to Scotland this weekend, but personally I can handle the cold much easier than the heat.

I would much rather be on the back of the bike than in a car in the heat.....have just ordered some body armour and mesh gloves... hope that makes it a little lighter... I get so mad when I see people here without protective gear...esp helmets...the first thing hubby taught me was not to go out without the right gear on...

I would much rather be on the back of the bike than in a car in the heat.....have just ordered some body armour and mesh gloves... hope that makes it a little lighter... I get so mad when I see people here without protective gear...esp helmets...the first thing hubby taught me was not to go out without the right gear on...

great to hear you're getting more safety gear ;)

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so judgemental, it wasn't meant that way :eek: (after reading my last post back again it came across that way).

I would always prefer to be on the bike but it's not too practical with the OH and 2 kids ;)

BTW there's a bike thread in the Hobbies section

Back