Not much to loose

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I'm interested to see will slimming world still work if you have roughtly 1st 1/2 to loose?
I have done it before but never stuck to it for that long?

If it didn't work when people don't have much to lose, no one would ever get to target.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Like Sassia said, it has to work, otherwise nobody would ever reach their targets.

There is a lady in my group who only had 1.5 stone to lose, the same as you, and she managed it fine. She had a huge loss of about 7lb the first week, and then steady 1-2lb a week losses until she reached her target (please dont summise that you will be the same, as everyone is different). All in all, I think it took her around 15 weeks.

It just shows it can be done, no matter how much you have to lose xx

Good luck, Rattybabe.
I'm sure you'll enjoy group, I have just rejoined myself and am re-starting my weight loss journey.

From my previous experience I would advise you not to hesitate when asking any questions you might have about the plan, etc. It can be quite daunting at first, and hard to get your head around, but your consultant is there to help, as are we all here on Minimins. You will also get a lot of hints & tips, as well as recipes and encouragement from staying to group. I understand not everyone is able to stay to group, but I find it very motivating and encouraging, as do a lot of other members.

Well done for taking the first step towards weight loss, and good luck. You can do it :) xx

I think you have to remember that as you don't have much to lose, it might not come off as quickly as you like - if you bear this in mind, you won't get disheartened :) SW is a great plan, and it really works!

I joined in May with about 2 stone to lose.

I`ve now lost 1.5 stone 7.5lbs to target. Hoping to do it before Christmas. Been told by my consultant not to get stuck in a rut. To have different meals and mix up my healthy extras. This should stop my losses from grinding to a halt.

Back