Not sure if doing Slimming world correctly

Betty6

Have been doing Slimming world for about 10 days and not 100% sure I am doing it correctly. Following the green and red plans

Are you able to post some food diaries on here so that we can give you some advice? The old red and green days don't exist with SW any more; however, several members still follow them as they still seem to work. Have you thought about getting hold of some up to date books so that you can have the latest information? The more information you can give us the better as it'll help us to give you advice :)

Hey yeh will give you a few days food diary.

yog and Orange
Lunch jacket beans and salad two light cheese triangles as hea.
Apple
Linda McCartney sausages mash cabbage carrots swede and gravy. Sunned gravy
Fruit and yog
Almonds heb
Curly wurly-syned.

Porridge with grapes. Heb porridge hea milk.
Lunch
Salad with mackerel egg and yog
Biscuit syneed
Prunes heb
Roast pork no fat veg-small crackling synned
Mango and blueberry
Yog

It looks like you're basically sticking to the plans, have you found that you've lost weight since you started or have your losses been slow?

SW got rid of the red and green day plans quite a long time ago. Now they just have the 'Extra Easy' plan, which allows you to have proteins and carbs on the same day and to count them both as free. There are quite a few forums on here that explain this in detail so it might be worth you having a read through them to help get your head around it. In a nutshell:-

All lean meats and fish are free (the meats that were free on red days are also free on Extra Easy)
Potatoes, pasta, rice etc. are all free on Extra Easy (as they were on green days)
Most fruit and vegetables are free on Extra Easy
You get 1 healthy extra A choice (milk or cheese) each day
You get 1 healthy extra B choice (fibre option so bread, nuts, cooked fruit etc.) each day
You get between 5 and 15 syns each day

If you could get hold of the up to date books they'd tell you everything you need to know as a lot of the syn values and the healthy extra options have changed considerably since the old red and green days. Basically, they've just tried to simplify it by allowing you to eat both meat and carbs on the same day without having to syn them.

There are also optional SP days that you can do, which are similar to the old red days. On those days you just eat foods that are high in protein (the P foods in the book) and speed foods (the S foods in the book (and SS foods if you're referring to the older books)).

Have a browse through this site and see if any of the information posted if helpful. We're always here to help if you have any questions :) Good luck!

OK. Yeh I think I've lost a bit of weight. With the extra easy I get confused with having to eat 1/3 Superfree with every meal. Can I have two green meals in a day followed by evening meal of extra easy?

Back