Now my shoe closet is clutter-free :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chrissy, 17 July 2007 Social URL.

1. chrissy

chrissy Member

I´m a pack rat ....but i think i'm getting better. I´m donating and throwing away a lot and it feels nice :). I take clothes and shoes to the Salvation Army. But if the shoes are old and nasty or the clothes have stains, they go in the garbage. Last week i cleaned out my shoe closet. OMG :eek: i found 15!!!yrs old leather boots that i´ve never worn since many years. Those boots were so uncomfortable i´m not even able to put it into words. Haha ....they went straight into the garbage bag :D
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5442/m2gn6.jpg
    Now my shoe closet is clutter-free :party0011:. Old shoes are less recycling-friendly. If they're already musty, it's very possible they're harboring mold. Just because people are in need doesn't mean they should have to settle for some one else's uncomfortable nasty leftovers. I´m all for donating, but those 15yrs old boots were just old gross waste items that should be burned in the incinerator.
    I´m correct or not? Did i do a good job?
    Please honest answers.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    feels good when u get rid of stuff! we cleaned out our cupboards last week and it was heaven! im doing a car boot on saturday tho as sister already had a table booked. :D

4. chrissy

chrissy Member

Yeahhhhhh, it was a good feeling to purge out my shoe closet :D. If old shoes are barely worn and a good brand, i sell them. If there's still some wear left, i donate them. But if they are old and hideous, i put them straight into the garbage. And i think my 15yrs old leather boots were really old crap for the garbage bag :eek: ..... i bet most of you agree with me on that point too :D

5. bluehail

bluehail Full Member

well done on clearing out the clutter in your life hun! :)

I used to be a hoarder but with 4 kids and lots of toys, theres no room left in the house for anything of mine that isn't needed or used! lol

6. chrissy

chrissy Member

I agree with you :).
    But in the case of my old boots i was doing a happy dance :bliss:when i had put them deep into the garbage bag. Those 15yrs old leather boots looked like cylinders from the foot to the knee, nooooooo curves and that type of heel...:sign0137: . Think they were reeeeal garbage only fit for the incinerator :eek: ...isn´t it?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.