Nubie Refugee from the Cambridge

Bookworm

Last March I weighed 19 stones. In the past year I managed to get down to 14 stones on the Cambridge, but then had to come of it because a) I found the sole source regime was getting too much for me and b) It was very expensive, just to lose a couple of pounds a week. I came off it and ate sensibly but shot up to 16 and a half stones very, very quickly. My metabolism seemed to be completely out of control
My sister has lost a huge amount of weight on Slimfast and I have just completed my first week and have found that I’ve gone down to 16.1 I’ve never joined a forum before, I’m not too good on a computer but my hairdresser told me about this one, so here I am.
I’m going to try and make one of those weight tracker things, but don’t hold out much hope.
I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to find other people on Slimfast.

welcome-2.jpg

Well done on your weight loss and good luck with Slim Fast. You have done exceptional well on CD and it looks already you are doing very well on Slim Fast.

If you click on this link below it will show you how to do your weight tracker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help be sure to ask.

Love Mini xxx

Oh. All the very best with Slimfast. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

th_welcomegroup.jpg

Hi Bookworm,
Welcome! We aren't a very big group but everyone is very friendly and we all help each other out where possible and offer lots of encouragement.

Well done on your loss.

BL

Many thanks about the ticker info, I'm going to have a go now. Don't laugh!! Goodness knows what will come up, but if nothing else I'm a tryer.

Thank you one and all for making me feel so welcome. I seen to have been out on a limb and its great to meet others just like me.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Bookworm

This is my first week on slimfast and I seem to be coping ok.

I am sure you will find slimfast a lot easier than the cambridge diet as you do get to eat a calorie controlled meal of an evening.

I haven't attempted my ticker yet - maybe I'll do it on Tuesday when I put in my results for the March challenge.

Good Luck.

I nurse a woman who is on the Slimfast but she struggles with e meal. Once she starts eating she can't stop! Can people JUST have Slimfast and no meal?

I nurse a woman who is on the Slimfast but she struggles with e meal. Once she starts eating she can't stop! Can people JUST have Slimfast and no meal?

I tried that (albiet Tescos version) and there was simply no way I could do it without a meal

This is definitely not recommended. Slimfast is not as nutritionally complete as Cambridge and should not be used as sole source. It is really better to try and gain the control over eating, even if the weight came off using slimfast then someone who hadn't learned to control excessive eating would regain everything quickly afterwards.

Welcome aboard and good luck x

I'm not sure if this is against the rules of SF but I've bought some gelatine (sp?) and am going to make a mousse with some chocolate SF today. If my weight shoots up I'll know what caused it!

Hi Bookworm,
I don't think its against the rules. All I will say is check out the calorie value and deduct that amount from snacks etc during the day so your calorie intake isn't more overall. Thats what I would do (actually I'm lazy and would just buy low cal choc mousse and have for a snack hehe).

Hope that helps
BL

Now why didn't I think of that Lizzie... Dho!

Back