O/T Anyone a bit crafty

Someone help, I cant stop cross stitching!!!! Nice to know what other people do and has given me a few ideas for the new year. xx

I have cross stitched, made jewellery and tiaras, cards and invitations and scrapped. However, when I got pregnant in 2007 I had to give up my little room ready for the arrival of my beautiful boy and I've never really done anything since as there's just no time or space! I have a loft absolutley stuffed with stash that I can't use :cry:

Would love to get back into it, especially the scrapping now I have so many photos of my son.

I do manage to digi scrap sometimes, but it's just not the same as stroking and touching real live stash!:D

Over the years I have done many things, I just cant seem to sit down and do nothing, I have done x stitch, knitting, sewing,patchwork, quilting, my latest thing is jewellery making, we have just made so fab christmas decorations with crystals, we go to a local beading shop and they have coffee mornings monthly where we can meet up and gossip and see what everyone else is making :)

well i found loads of threads for x stitch so if anyone wants some lucky dip threads pls pm me your addy and i will send some to you

Ive done crafts since I was a kid. I started with embroidery cross stitch and other counted thread works are my favourites. Im not good at free style. Ive tried lace making but had to sell all my stuff both for financial reasons and also it was that or the cat.
When I got ill I couldnt concentrate on embroidery so I started card making and have done one scrapbook the other is still waiting.
Ive also tried glass painting which was fun if a little messy.

I go to an embroidery group once a month in Rochdale if anyones near that way. I usually take card stuff but people do everything from sewing to knitting.

Do crafts are a good place to start with card making or if you have loads of money QVC is great lol. A very good website is www.trimcraft.co.uk if youre looking for local groups

love
Tab

i started cross stitch about 4years ago then moved onto card making, spent a fortune and then just didnt have the time or space to do card making anymore.... i am actually in the process of selling allll of my stash! if anyone is interested in anything please feel free to give me a shout.
I am now back to cross stitch... love it loads more than card making although i think my next step is making my own jewelry x

I love my crafts...I make candles (gel and wax), greetings cards (just finished my xmas cards :D) and soaps and bath things. I also make bits and bobs of jewellery sometimes too. I'm well into the process of starting my own soap making business. I make soaps, bath bombs, bath salts, lip balms and loads of other scrummy bath time treats

i'd go stir crazy if it wasn't for my hobbies

xxx

Back