o/t Fathers day

yeah ,we are going out for the day,tho not actually for fathers day. I have bought my dad some thorntons and the girlies have bought MrB some of his favourite beer ( deuchars ipa )

hope you have a nice day mate

yeah ,we are going out for the day,tho not actually for fathers day. I have bought my dad some thorntons and the girlies have bought MrB some of his favourite beer ( deuchars ipa )

hope you have a nice day mate

didnt want to put the start of the thread on a downer but lost my dad to a heart attack at the age of 50 , its been 7 years now but still miss him , so will be having a cuppa and watching the football, which was our thing , sorry didnt want to sad everyone out :)

Sorry to hear that phil. I lost my dad when he was 51, I was only 15. I still miss him but have some great memories. So rather than be sad be happy for the memories. Your dad will still be with you tomorrow.

These 'special' days can be difficult for those of us who have lost parents but I will always be grateful for my happy childhood, not everyone is lucky enough to have this.

Have a great fathers day in whatever way you can

The kids want to do breakfast for their dad so I will supervise them.Goodness knows what he will end up with!!.Then we will go out for lunch and hopefully my lovely husband willbe thoroughly spoilt. On a sadder note, for some reason this year i am really missing my dad(i am crying as i write this).He died 20 years ago this year, i keep telling myself it will get better but it doesn't. Love you dad xx

Well obviously my I am lucky enough to still have my dad around,tho tomorrow by coincidence would've been my nan's birthday too . i was really close to her and feel sad that she never got to meet my hubby or my girls.
My heart goes out to everyone who cant be with their dads tomorrow, for whatever reason. Phil i'm sure your dad would be proud to know you are carrying on the tradition. Good on ya !!

Im going to be working in the afternoon and taking the evening off, its only my 2nd Fathers Day without my dad. Im treating mum to a wee take away in the evening, since I dont have a present to buy :cry: We were going to go out for dinner but to be honest I dont think I could cope with that, Ive been feeling quite emotional the past few days, not really looking forward to it

I am heading out for the day with my family for dinner. Will let me hubby have a few drinks and ill be good and stick to diet coke ( someone has to drive also)

Can imagine today is very hard for the people who have lost their Dads xxx

my dad lives in Wales, so i am ringing him nice and early to wake him up and let him know I care :D

I am also taking my mum, matty, mattys mum, mattys dad and mattys bro out for tea to celebrate my mums late birthday and fathers day as mattys dad is like another dad to me :) x

((((hugs)))) to every one who may be finding today hard.

I'll be ringing my dad this morning - I dont see him very often as he lives a long way from me.

Other than that, I'll be spending the day with my head down the toilet - way too much vodka last night :(

didnt want to put the start of the thread on a downer but lost my dad to a heart attack at the age of 50 , its been 7 years now but still miss him , so will be having a cuppa and watching the football, which was our thing , sorry didnt want to sad everyone out :)
I know how you feel I lost my dad 8yrs ago he was only 58 we all still miss him
Hugs
Jayne xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back