O/T: Rant: That Stupid Blo*dy Pink Woman!

Scarlet Daisy

Totally agree with you about the Charity ads - it's the same with the tin rattlers in the doorways of supermarkets. If I want to donate then I will do, but please do not thrust your tin in my face... which is in fact illegal...
The ones that really upset me, and it is more around the time that they are on are the animal charities. They are always on during the kiddies programs and I get asked everyday... can we sponser this dog/cat/whale/dolphin - delete as applicable....

Sorry for the rant ... feel better now !

Tracy

i had some one from a charity knock at my door yesterday wanting me to do one of those monthly direct debit agreements, went to great lengths to tell me tha lots of my neighbours had signed up including some pensioners, who must find it hard out of their pensions-now £1.50 a week isnt much out of your household budget is it, the cost of a bag of chips!!
I said yes it is actually and a bag of chips would feed MY kids!!

All charities are good causes and i'm more than happy to give what i can but in this day and age my own kids come 1st before i commit to anything regular.

Ok Rant over.........for now!!

The finance company ads irritate me. Either the ones with people in a line, swimming pool, carol vorderman squashing a bubble...anything like that!

I also am highly irritated by any of those cleaning product ones (like you Natt!) that claim to do something that they blatantly don't in a normal person's household. Hello, could you make your ad a little more fake please? Nobody sprays something on and wipes it off with a nice, smooth, streak-free shine. We all know we have to scrub at it for ages, rinse it several times and even then it's still a bit grubby!!!

I do like the Meerkats though, and Johnny Vegas and Monkey :D

Another one for the hit list - Confused.com....

Makes everyone on there sound like a muppet..

Tracy

Aaaaaargh! Yes! And that bloke who thinks he's Russell Brand or something! I loathe the whole thing and I hate it when people in NORMAL conversation suddenly go "I'm confused...DOT COM" and expect me to laugh, instead of stabbing them.

Back