Oats so simple pouches

BRUNTY

Hi
Does anyone know how many syns are in an oat so simple porridge pouch please?
x

It depends on the flavour. The original one can be used as a HEB or is 5 syns. The apple, golden syrup and raspberry ones are 6.5 syns and the ones with nuts in them are 8.5 syns. These values are for made with water so you would have to either take milk from your HEA or syn it as well.

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering as i have just bought the syrup ones could I just take the 5 sins of and use it as a HEB + 1.5 sins. I might do that till I have finished the packet rather than waste them. Would do you guys and gals think?

well that is tweaking buts up to you. personally i would do it until the box has gone but wouldnt buy them again lol

No you can't really do that - there is less porridge (therefore less fibre) and a lot more sugar in the golden syrup one than the plain. Why not just have them as a treat as they are not hugely high in syns.

Yes I think I will use them up but not buy them again. Thanks

Kissme I am loving your fridge pickers slogan:)

Ive got a few of the flavoured ones left(they were on offer and I stocked up on them not realising they weren't HEB), would mixing it with double the amount of normal oats in anyway reduce syns and make it closer to a HEB?

No, because you would need to syn the extra porridge and so would not make any saving

I meant mixing it with normal oats and using the same 28g in a day or is it better just taking the full syn hit

Unfortunately you can only use the Healthy Extra's as they are listed by SW. There is no mixing or substituting out of that list. The healthy extras are carefully chosen by Slimming World by a number of factors.

It is a case of if you want to be 100% on plan or not. If we were able to chose our own Healthy Extras, then there wouldnt be much point in the list.

Unfortunately you can only use the Healthy Extra's as they are listed by SW. There is no mixing or substituting out of that list. The healthy extras are carefully chosen by Slimming World by a number of factors.

It is a case of if you want to be 100% on plan or not. If we were able to chose our own Healthy Extras, then there wouldnt be much point in the list.

Oh well, ill play safe and just count em as syns and save my HEB for something else

So Oats so simple is not a HE b?

Irene xx

As Circes said, the original is but the rest are not. You are also supposed to have a Ryvita or ScanBran with it.

I buy the cinnamon ones and use them as a Hexb plus 1 or 2 syns. I know I could just add cinnamon myself but I find them really tasty and convenient.
I also know it's not strictly sw but I've done it for a while now. If I start to gain of maintain I'll change that first. ;)

Back