Oatso sinple

ILovePopcorn!

Hi all!!
Can someone please clear this up for me!!! i know that oatso simple are healthy extra b if original but i also know that the flavoured ones are not.....however i ve heard that you can have the flavoured as a heb and add syns on top????
Please someone help with this!!

Thanks!!!

The way I understand it is; a plain pack of original oat so simple is 5 syns (HEB) so if you have the flavoured one just deduct the 5 syns from it. For example the golden syrup one is 6.5 syns so I would deduct 5 syns and count it as 1 HEB + 1.5 syns. Hope this makes sense!

Yes thats what i thought it was but i just wasnt sure if it was "allowed",hey ho i think im going to do it anyway,im sure a little porridge wont harm me!! Thanks for your reply!!

I'm afraid you can't do this. The flavoured ones are not a B choice. I did this once but if you look at the amount of oats in a flavoured pack it's not nearly the same amount as a plain pack, there is an awful lot of sugar in them.
They may almost be the same syn value and calorie value but there is not nearly enough fibre in them for a B choice.
If you have a flavoured pack, count the full syn value and use your B choice for something else.
Or, have a plain pack and put some golden syrup on it for a couple of syns!

I'm afraid you can't do this. The flavoured ones are not a B choice. I did this once but if you look at the amount of oats in a flavoured pack it's not nearly the same amount as a plain pack, there is an awful lot of sugar in them.
They may almost be the same syn value and calorie value but there is not nearly enough fibre in them for a B choice.
If you have a flavoured pack, count the full syn value and use your B choice for something else.
Or, have a plain pack and put some golden syrup on it for a couple of syns!

Completely agree. And couldn't have put it better either lol

i have a plain one and have sweetenere on it and cant really tell the difference

Ooooh thanks for that, never bothered to check the fibre content. Just checked online and the flavoured oat so simple has roughly 30% less fibre than original. I personally don't like microwave oats, I use waitrose porridge with added wheatbran. Its 13g fibre per 100g as opposed to 9g in your average porridge... I need all the help I can get in the fibre department :D

In terms of what to do to yummify a plain bowl of porridge, I add a dollop (about 1/2 a small tub) of 0% (free) or 2% (1/2 syn for the whole tub) greek yogurt and a sprinkle of brown sugar or honey. The yogurt almost doubles the volume of the porridge and it saves you an HEA! Its also absolutely delicious!!

Back