Off to sign up. if i make it.

AmyLeonard

Im supposed to be signing up tonight

but im so nervous of group. not knowing anyone.

being the biggest there :(

its a horrible feeling x

some one tell me to get a grip....

Just walk through those doors hunni. After you have tonight out the way you will be fine. :)

Im rejoinging after 3 years tonight and am feeling nervous. But my want to beat the scales out weighs my nerves.

You will be fine and let us know how you get on xx

I think everyone feels exactly the same but I can assure you the SW groups are very friendly and the one I went some time back had tea and coffee to make you feel at home.

Go and before you know it you will no longer be the newbie there but an oldie and making other newbies feel at home:)

Don't feel nervous at all cos everyone there is in the same boat as you whether they have 1 stone to loose or 20 stone to loose!

The 1st week is always the worst with nerves etc but it will get easier and you'll meet new people and make new friends! So chin up and big smile!! We are always here to help if you've any questions or just need some support! :)

AmyLeonard go and sign up to your local class as you've planned to do tonight. Seriously, hun it will be the best thing you ever do. It's always difficult to do something for the first time on your own but there are lots of people who do because they know it's got to be done. Grit your teeth and walk in holding your head high!!! ;)

You just have to think to yourself that everybody is there for the same reason...that is to lose weight, change their lifestyle, improve their health and never feel hungry. You'll find most people are very friendly at the groups. Talk to your Consultant about your anxieties and you'll see they're there to help and support you every step of the way.

You'll find lots of support on here too. Why not join one of the challenges that there are on here at the moment. there's the January challenge, Valentines Day, Easter, Summer. Come on in, add yourself to one or all of them and join the fun. :D

Good luck tonight and come back and let us know how you get on. :)

Ignore your mind talk because that's all it is. Every single person in that room is there for extract same reason as you, to lose weight

A lot of people get nervous, I know I did as I left and had to rejoin and I wondered what people would think. Rejoining was the best thing I ever did

Don't regret the things you do, regret the things that you don't do x

Plus, in January there are always lots of people joining, so you certainly won't be the only one turning up feeling that way. The classes are always friendly, but if worried, take a magazine or book so you can tuck yourself into that if there are any hanging around moments.
Go girl - you won't regret joining, but will prob wake up tomorrow regretting NOT doing it if you don't go.

xxx

Well i went and you were all right (though I expect you know that)

Everyone seems so friendly and i feel really ready to do this. :)

thank you for the encouragement my housemates aren't to good at that :( x

you have a whole community here to help :) We are all here for you xx

Well done on going.

I remember my first meeting, I walked up to the door about 3 times before I finally went through the door!

You've done the hardest part and now you not only have us to support you but everyone in your meeting and your consultant.

Glad you went - I joined last night & was so nervous but there ended up being 10 new people so I wasn't on my own. And it's done now so will only get easier! I paid for a 12 week countdown to make sure I don't chicken out or skip classes in an extra attempt to keep me on track! X

Well done you! X

Well done for going. Joining Slimming World is honestly the best decision I could have made.

Yes it can be daunting joining up, and you may be nervous for your first week, but before long it will all seem like second nature to you and you'll actually look forward to going to class :)

There are lots of people on the forum who are very knowledgable when it comes to Slimming World and happy to help with any queries or problems. There's always someone around, so if you're struggling don't be afraid to ask for help.

Have a great first week xx

Enjoy your first week - and dont be afraid to eat the free foods!!! :D

I am sorry that your housemates are not supportive. Do you know why they are not encouraging towards you? I dont understand some people - perhaps they are jealous of your willpower and motivation :D!

x

My house mates are all those lucky types who can eat and eat and eat and barely but on a pound.

and there way of helping is to one minuet shout will you fit into your wedding dress and the next have a takeaway night......

oh well just going to make sure I have a lots of options to keep me going.

thank you for the support lovelies x

are they all super slim? sounds to me a little fear factor of how you will outshine them once you are slimmer?

Wow - a wedding too - i got married last year! what fun!

x

Well done you! You've done the hardest bit now and soon you'll wonder why you had those anxieties as you'll be feeling fantastic!! :D

Back