OFF TOPIC - what do we all do?!

I'm a planner/scheuduler general dogs body in a manufacturing plant been there 25years

Lots Of nurseys xxx

Awwwww Laura I wish I looked it :)

I am a student of Oriental Studies at Oxford University specializing in Modern Turkish, Ottoman Turkish, Modern Turkish literature and Ottoman/Modern Turkish history :cool: Hence, I am constantly creme crackered :D

Ha ha a while yet! Im a first year! Only on my first placement, love it. Wanted to train as a nurse first and then go Into midwifery, I will.be equipped with so many more skills! Xx

I think you are right clover. You can tell the difference between those who went straight into midwifery and those who are nurses first. . Confidence mainly. Good on ya girl!!

I think you are right clover. You can tell the difference between those who went straight into midwifery and those who are nurses first. . Confidence mainly. Good on ya girl!!

Definitely, before applying I volunteered and I learnt so much more with the dual qualified, that's what swayed my decision. Hoping to do the accelerated course if it is still available when I can begin it!
Well done for getting where u are.that is only a dream for me right now! Xx

Definitely, before applying I volunteered and I learnt so much more with the dual qualified, that's what swayed my decision. Hoping to do the accelerated course if it is still available when I can begin it!
Well done for getting where u are.that is only a dream for me right now! Xx

Yeah I did18 months. There is talk about it all changing ie 18 months becoming 2 years and 3 years becoming 4 but that's all gtwgp at present. . . talk lol. Good luck and if you need any help (ie Im an excellent proof reader) just let me know x

I am a Learning Disability Community Nurse in an NHS Mental Health Trust. Ive been qualified since 1985 and generally love my work. As part of my role i provide training to staff teams and families, i facilitate health promotion and provide direct support to adults with learning disabilities with complex physical and mental health issues.

Another nurse here too ! :)
I work in a very busy Children's Hospital in the Emergency Department - can be a very challenging / sad job at times but I love it.

Last edited:
I work in a Further Education College working with students of all ages from 16. Oldest student I have worked with was 80. Students may have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health, or whatever their barrier is to learning. I would not change my job for anything - just love it even though at times in can be very challenging. Glad to say its term time so I get to recharge these very tired batteries - lol

Definitely have days when it is absolute chaos (organised chaos of course!). But most of the kids and their families arrive upset and scared and leave with a smile clutching their bravery sticker and certificate... it really is a very rewarding job.
My big problem is that our breaks are very short and rushed so it is very easy to grab the quickest thing which is always calorie & carb loaded. Trying to be good and shed some poundage before summer :)

Back