Office Temptations

Auburn

x x x
Ok, so today was a Wednesday. It was no-one's birthday. Not the end of the week. Nor the end of the month. Nothing special... The office emptied at about 4:45, 5pm like usual. Nothing strange there... I decided to do an inventory...

We have:

• 2 types of cookies
  • flapjacks
  • brownie bites
  • muffins
  • homemade rice crispy cake things
  • buns
  • butterfly cakes
  • macaroons
  • fondant fancies
  • packets of sweets (Percy Pigs, Haribo...)
  • toffee eclairs
  • half a box of Celebrations
  • mini donuts
  • croissant tart type things
  • Mr Kipling style fruit pies
  • a selection box of chocolate biscuits...

This is as standard, there is a constant supply of cakes, biscuits, and treats. (I've only worked there 5 weeks though... and for the record have not had a single morsel. Go me!)

Can someone please explain to me how the entire office are perfectly slim????

Oh my goodness, you poor thing - what a terrible constant temptation! That's not an office... that's a tuck shop! :D

I'm afraid that is pretty much normal office fayre! - the vending machine will probably make this even worse!

I stage a one-man protest against this and my oasis (ok then, my desk drawers) contain loads of fruit,hifi bars and diet drinks with spare sweetener incase I run out.

My team have a couple of obese people among them (I was one of them) but they all assure me they will be starting their diets "tomorrow"

Steve:p

My office is the same, I have a draw full of fruit and today my collegues were tring to force feed me pork pies and I cannot seem to explain to them about syns and things, they just go on about how one little wont hurt heheheh how do they stay so thin? Let me know if anyone knows their secrets.

I like the jogging from Cornwall suggestion.... haha! This is definitely the worst office I've temped at, for food...
I do keep a good supply of fruit nearby. And if anyone touches my emergency Muller in the fridge, god help them.......

;)

Few more months of SW and I'll be teetering along with these slinky people in my (mock) designer heels too Hahaha....

It sounds just like my office too :eek: Its so annoying isn't it LOL i was stood there today chopping up my fruit while a size 8 girl from our office tucked into a packet of crisps and mars bar!!

Helen xx

I think the key thing here is some people know when to stop when it comes to treats, I personally do not know when to stop lol! They may eat a cake or a chocolate bar but that's all they might eat all day so calorifically they're ok if that makes sense?

I think the key thing here is some people know when to stop when it comes to treats, I personally do not know when to stop lol! They may eat a cake or a chocolate bar but that's all they might eat all day so calorifically they're ok if that makes sense?

Yeh I thinks its that too, wish I knew how to stop! :ashamed0005:

My place is much the same - although along with all of that there're also pizza, chips, fritters, pakora, curries and chinese in here every single day for lunch. That said, I can work out how they do it, either they're getting bigger (I'm the only girl and all the guys are getting to that stage where they're no longer skinny youths...) and in denial or they're out running, at the gym every lunch time, cycling in and out of work or, in one particular case, he never sits still and that's about all he eats, so...

Anyway, I figure they may be thin but just think about what all that salt and saturated fat must be doing to their insides! Thin people aren't always healthy and with SW we know we're getting our 5 (hundred) a day and enough fibre and calcium. So I can be a little bit quietly smug with my saintly VLF yogurt and fruit at the same time as I'm horribly jealous of their tasty, tasty food :D

Lordy.. that is some inventory!

...someone on my team has just arrived in with 24 Krispy Kreme donuts.

Thats my queue to go to Tesco and buy some fruit and yoghurt! Otherwise i will cave... I am salivating over the thought of a Dreamcake! hhmmmmm..no...no... fruit. Must. Eat. Fruit.

I personally believe that all these thin people who can eat that kind of food and stay thin have made a pact with the devil. There is no other explanation.........How can a thin person eat 2 krispy kreme donuts (More fat in one that a Big Mac meal by the way!!) and stay thin????

I personally believe that all these thin people who can eat that kind of food and stay thin have made a pact with the devil. There is no other explanation.........How can a thin person eat 2 krispy kreme donuts (More fat in one that a Big Mac meal by the way!!) and stay thin????
lol - the skinny min who does no exercise in our office (but who also NEVER sits still, he's always pacing...) and eats curries and things every day is said to have a painting in his attic of a really enormous version of himself :D

:D Agree with everything! My desk is smack bang in the middle of the office too so I end up with everything being put on the end of it!! :eek: :(

Today we have 3 creme eggs, a bag of mini eggs and some M&S chocs just sitting there winking at me! I am just about to open a yoghurt and hope the skinny-minnies in the office do away with this evil torture ASAP!!!!!

:D Agree with everything! My desk is smack bang in the middle of the office too so I end up with everything being put on the end of it!! :eek: :(

Today we have 3 creme eggs, a bag of mini eggs and some M&S chocs just sitting there winking at me! I am just about to open a yoghurt and hope the skinny-minnies in the office do away with this evil torture ASAP!!!!!

Uhrg! Our consultant was talking about this a couple of weeks ago - she made the people in her office move the treats over away from her desk, but she's quite *aherm* scary when she wants to be :)

It's really not fair that it's on your desk when you can't eat them (I kind of played up the fact that I get migraines (which I do, badly) and that chocolate's a trigger for them (it's not really so much for me) so that people don't put them there because it would be very mean, but people are often quite destructive when it's your weight that's the health issue you're avoiding for...)

aww u poor thing with all those treats! i know how u feel, i work in a newsagents and having to smell the hot baguettes, rolls, croissants, pain au chocolats,donouts, oh and the hot food cabinet(has sausage rolls, bacon and cheeses, hot dogs etc etc) kills me! just remember what kate moss once said "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels". always helps! xx

Strange isn't it? I've explained the situation at work and how this time I am so determined but for some reason or other people seem intent on sabotage - almost like it's a game - pushing me to see when I will crack? :rolleyes: Or maybe that's just me reading too much into it whilst constantly staring the chocolate out!!! :D

Well this girly ain't cracking anytime soon! :D

I'm so glad I have a goal of my birthday party in 4 weeks or I may well have gone long before now!

There's only 1 egg left now - 2 down, 1 to go......

Strange isn't it? I've explained the situation at work and how this time I am so determined but for some reason or other people seem intent on sabotage - almost like it's a game - pushing me to see when I will crack? :rolleyes: Or maybe that's just me reading too much into it whilst constantly staring the chocolate out!!! :D

Well this girly ain't cracking anytime soon! :D

I'm so glad I have a goal of my birthday party in 4 weeks or I may well have gone long before now!

There's only 1 egg left now - 2 down, 1 to go......

good for you! well done on resisting temptation :) u can feel good about yourself when you lot amaizng in your dress at your party and your peer pressuring friends are envious! :p

I know what you mean - the other day when I refused pizza at work my boss asked why and I explained that I was on a healthy eating plan. His response was to say 'I can't believe you have the time for a diet with all the work you have to do'. SO many thing wrong with this statement grrr

1) You don't own me!! - what I do outside of work is my own sodding business and what I eat is also my own business - in or out of work time!
2) Last time I checked I was entitled to have a life and I frankly despise the implication that because I have something else going on in my life I am not giving 100% to my job (I'm not BTW - but thats because it's boring and my boss is not v nice - nothing to do with SW)
3) Since when did being on healthy eating plan constitute a 'diet'?
4) How can you NOT make time in your life to drastically reduce your risk of Heart Disease and a million other life threatening and shortening conditions?

Feeling in a ranty mood today for some reason.

I know what you mean - the other day when I refused pizza at work my boss asked why and I explained that I was on a healthy eating plan. His response was to say 'I can't believe you have the time for a diet with all the work you have to do'. SO many thing wrong with this statement grrr

1) You don't own me!! - what I do outside of work is my own sodding business and what I eat is also my own business - in or out of work time!
2) Last time I checked I was entitled to have a life and I frankly despise the implication that because I have something else going on in my life I am not giving 100% to my job (I'm not BTW - but thats because it's boring and my boss is not v nice - nothing to do with SW)
3) Since when did being on healthy eating plan constitute a 'diet'?
4) How can you NOT make time in your life to drastically reduce your risk of Heart Disease and a million other life threatening and shortening conditions?

Feeling in a ranty mood today for some reason.

Wow! That comment would have had me steaming too.

I'm lucky that my boss is very supportive and sends me cheerful 'well done' texts when I exercise. But there have been two office birthdays since I started SW already. It's hard enough looking the other way when walking past the goodies without having to see co-workers eating!

Back