oh my goodness the slimming world chips !!

I bought a tefal actifry & although expensive it was well worth it - I use it every other day on average and its so easy. No need to par boil the potato's or sweet potato's at all. You just spray the dish with a little frylight and bung them in, sprinkle with seasoning or spices and away you go. Takes about 40-45 mins and they are soooo lovely and crispy.

I cut my potatoes and then put them in a pan for approx 15 mins. I then drain them and put them back in the pan on the hob with a small light under them for about 5-10 mins to dry out. I then put them on a baking tray, spray with fry light, salt, and a spice and some garlic. Pop them in the oven for about 20 mins on about 200. Move them about every so often and they have been lovely every time!! All my family love them!

i always frylight and the put salt and pepper over them, and then if they still dont crisp, after they'r fully done, i frylight then in a pan! always works lol x

I use the little salad potatoes, as they hold their shape much better, especially this time of year. I cut them straight into chips, with skins left on and boil for 4 mins, drain and leave to cool. Then while they are still in the pan I add a tsp of olive oil, and a glug of sainsbury's good for you sweet balsamic and smoked garlic dressing (VLF, so syns are negligable) and sprinkle garlic salt over, stirr gently till all coated and then bake at 175 for approx 30 - 35 mins. Even my OH loves them. Mind I still try to only have them twice a week as they feel so naughty - lol!!

mojomcl - I dont parboil or microwave mine either lol, i just leave skins on, cut up, spray with frylight and whack in the oven (obv on baking tray else bit of a mess!!)

I parboil for about 5-10mins, then whack them on a baking tray with frylight and Cajun spice. They're nice but no replacement for proper chips! High heat for about 20mins, turning once halfway through and spraying the other side with frylight. Nice with SW syn free burgers or pizza x

law3a3m said:
I parboil for about 5-10mins, then whack them on a baking tray with frylight and Cajun spice. They're nice but no replacement for proper chips! High heat for about 20mins, turning once halfway through and spraying the other side with frylight. Nice with SW syn free burgers or pizza x

This thread is from 2009 so your reply may be a little late...:)

I don't peel them, always cut them and use Maris Piper or King Edwards or the latest type tried, Red Roosters......
Part boiled for 5 mins, removed and drained, tipped onto paper towel, allow to slightly cool then placed in an oven-proofed dish, sprayed with fry light then sprinkled with "All seasoning"Cook for 25-35 mins turning once or until they are cooked to your liking, same method for chips or wedges...........

Egg, Chips & Peas (Small).JPGOven Chips-2 (Small).JPGPotato Wedges & Pork (Small).JPG

Back