A question about the slimming world chips?

minniex

skinny minnie
Hey guys,
I've got the chips on stand for 10 mins to dry as we speak and will then roughen and put in to the oven for 20 mins.
first question - does the tray have to be metal?

and my main question why do we pre-boil them? whats wrong with just peeling cutting them up and putting them in to the oven with some fry light on ?

thank you :) x

Hi.. Yes put on a metal tray and with lots of space around them - don't cram them on cos they will take for ever to cook. You will prob need longer than 20 mins mine seem to take nearer 40 mins. If you don't par boil they just won't cook properly and roughing up means they will crisp up better. I've tried straight from raw and they ended up burnt on the outside and hard in the middle! Hope I've made sense! Lol

To make crisper chips I use a oven chips crisper basket you can get one in most shops that sell kitchen items although I got mine from Aldi for 1.99 (2.99 at amazon ) called cookamesh it cookes them quicker too

I just Peel, chop, frylight & bang in the oven... works every time

I now prefer these to any other chip...

What I do is peel and par boil, and the rough up then salt and pepper them, then put them into a oil free fryer that I have sprayed with fry light and 8 mins on one side 8 mins on the other give another salt and pepper and then another 4 mins, then I gobble them up :)

I don't peel or par boil, just chop season and chuck em on a chip mesh which I got from poundland

Definitely par boil them and I now use the Nandos piri piri chip shake on them just before serving! Great with quern burgers n beans.... And even a fried egg too!!

I recently bought an actifry and they are lovely done in there with a spray of Fry Light.
x

Definitely par boil them and I now use the Nandos piri piri chip shake on them just before serving! Great with quern burgers n beans.... And even a fried egg too!!

Nando's piri piri chip shake sounds brill. Where do you buy that? Just in Tesco and that?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back