Oil more important to our diet than we think!

KittenKat said:
Now that gives me the perfect excuse to munch on my light babybels in the evening if I've not used my HEA previously in the day.

So, next time I do and OH looks at me is if I've grown two heads (he doesn't like cheese unless it's on a pizza!) I can tell him I'm doing it for health benefits!

I did this exact thing last night!

Yep, Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble vitamins so are carried into/around the body in fat, and then you have minerals such as iron, magnesium and calcium which are also fat soluble and therefore require fats for absorption by the body.

When I'm eating my jaffa cake dessert later I shall be thinking of how I'm allowing my body to get an adequate intake of vitamins and minerals ;)

dudette2001uk said:
Yep, Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble vitamins so are carried into/around the body in fat, and then you have minerals such as iron, magnesium and calcium which are also fat soluble and therefore require fats for absorption by the body.

When I'm eating my jaffa cake dessert later I shall be thinking of how I'm allowing my body to get an adequate intake of vitamins and minerals ;)

And Jaffa cakes are free cos of the orange!

I try to take a few capsules of a vegan algae oil supplement every day which contains the same kind of oils that you'd get from fish, except it comes straight from the algae plants which fish eat instead of the fish itself. I think I need to do this since otherwise being a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish I'd be missing out on some of those nutrients. The capsules definitely seem to make me feel better than if I go a couple of days without them - I usually feel more awake and alert. I don't know if they count as syns, and I haven't been including them, but I think it reinforces that some oils are definitely good :)

Bench, hi, any syns in these, I should probably be taking some. I haven't eaten fish since I was 7 and I only ever use supplements while pregnant. I may take a trip to the health shop now. Thanks for making me asware of these.

Bench, hi, any syns in these, I should probably be taking some. I haven't eaten fish since I was 7 and I only ever use supplements while pregnant. I may take a trip to the health shop now. Thanks for making me asware of these.
I have no idea if they've got syns in and since the bottle doesn't really tell you much that you can use to calculate the syns I'm not sure how you'd find out except maybe asking them. The ones I'm using are called Opti3. I used to use some others called V-Pure as well, except that the company kept going out of stock so it became impossible to get hold of those.

Thanks bench. X

Back