Ok, 6st to lose for wedding next year

Mizbiz88

I really really need to lose weight so I can squeeze into the wedding dress of my dreams! Wedding is 17 months away, so got plenty of time but, my problem is I get bored, and comfort eat at the tough times. I need help to keep me motivated and give me a good kick up the backside!

So, starting at 15st 6lbs, I want to get down to around 9st 6lbs so 6st to lose. I am hoping to achieve this by Mon-Sat behaving myself, and eating weight watcher meals and eating plenty of fruit and veg etc, and Sundays will be my day off to have a nice Sunday roast, but a much smaller sized one than usual. I also have an exercise bike, and the Wii Just Dance 3 which I will be doing to get me fitter/toned and I also want to aim to do the couch to 5k in a couple of months once my fitness levels increase a bit.

So, anyone else need 6st to lose? Or anyone else who wants a buddy who they can give a virtual good kick up the backside every now and then? :)

Hi, I need to lose between 6-8 stone. I have about 20Months as its my mums 80 birthday and I plan to be slim again when I face the family:) To buddy up would be great.

Brilliant! It means that we both don't need to put too much pressure on ourselves. As they say, the slower it comes off, the easier it will stay off!

What is your plan?

I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike earlier, and now ache in places I never knew existed :D haha.

Hello miz.

I was 15 stone 3 in may 2011 and by September 2012 I was 9 stone. I've been maintaining ever since give or take a few lbs and have gone from a dress size 18 to an 8.

I'm happy to give you some hints and tips of you'd like ? I shan't just pile in with them : ) a few things struck me about your opening post and I'd like to share what worked for me.

I would love that Greta, I would really appreciate it :)

I really hope that I can be saying the same thing as you next year! I have already fallen completely and utterly in love with a wedding dress but it is figure hugging around the waist and stomach, so I HAVE to do this if I want to get in that dress.

Well done by the way, you have done amazingly well :)

I am doing healthy eating and trying some recipes from the hairy bikers (dieters). Cutting down on the carbs and eating more Vegetables. Not doing exercise apart from walking. I am saving up for a bicycle at the moment. Be nice to support each other :)

Hello : )

Ok, first of all I'd try not to think in terms of losing 6 stone. It's daunting. Make your first target 14 stone 13. It's achievable, you can set it on your stats and you'll reach it in no time . Then , amend it to say, 14 stone 7- and so in and so forth. It really helps to see goals being reached and it's mentally very motivating.

I'd also try hard not to think in terms of ' days off ' - try and grit your teeth as get the job done. Three meals a day, no snacking, moderate carbing and no alcohol. Maybe set a challenge of trying that for a week or two. I can almost guarantee a good loss if you can stick to it. The time for ' days off ' comes when the weight is lost - truly , closer than you might think if you can buckle down now.

I used to think ' I've spent years eating myself up to over 15 stone and indulging myself. So now , to reverse what I've done , it's all about a period of deprivation ' ... I know folk talk about never feeling deprived on a diet - but it's far easier to accept that , actually , you might feel hard done by and yes , sometimes you'll feel hungry. If you can take these things on board then your chances of success are higher

Another point! Don't worry about exercise just yet. Of course it's important but more pressing right now is the need to get your eating habits under control. Concentrate on just that for now - no need to try and conquer everything in one go. It's the diet that knocks off the fat. Plenty of time for exercise when you've got that up and running.

I understand the comfort eating thing but ultimately food is not a comfort if you're not comfortable. You and only you are accountable for what you put in your gob. It's a choice.

A reasonably motivating quote - ' losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard . '

Lots of luck. You can do this

Thank you so much for all of that advice. It has all been taken on board, and I will start putting it into practice :)

Hello Tessa, how are you getting on? I wasn't on yesterday as I was up all night with the little one being poorly, and it appears I am also coming down with it :( so I am taking it easy today, just eating healthy as much as I can without being sick, and drinking plenty of fluids. What a fab start eh? Haha

Hi Mizbiz, hope you feel better soon. Loads of fluid and dry toast. Loads of people have been off with sickness bug. Hope I don't get it. I seem to get on ok and lost 2lbs. :) Not updating stats until I lost everything I gained and extra. Just don't want to update the gain on here. :( xxx

Back