Okay after about a month of research...

libbywhite

gonna do it
... I have come back to slimming world. I have been dabbling with low carb diets and yes loving it while I am there! I can eat bacon eggs and enjoy cream and cheese, but realistically not a lot of weight was coming off and then when it came to the weekend I would be fine having an indian as most sauces were ok or chinese egg foo yung but no rice or naan bread! Although no pasta pizza!!

It was so easy to be able to eat what you want but the foods were so calorific that i found even though you were meant to be turning the body into a fat burning machine as the glucose levels were zero it was just burning off the excess fat I was eating. It does stump the hunger but when your stressed or craving sugar I found I ate and ate until I stopped craving.

I have also tried metabolism miracle which was the best low carb i have been on and the main thing I am going to miss on Slimming World unless I use my syns eating them Nuts and peanut butter!

With Slimming World I find because you can eat a big range of foods and as much as you want of them the cravings aren't there. If I crave sugar then have a Granny Smith or berries. I also feel a lot healthier as I'm mainly snacking on vege or fruit.

I do however feel for myself blocking out the obvious carbs is better for me. But if i want to feel naughty (which I obviously won't be) then I can have a day of eating pasta and beans and potatoes.

I do prefer to save my syns for the weekend so I can indulge with my man!!! :p

Excellent decision!
I've found that the best thing about SW is the flexibility, but I know what you mean about nuts.
I am sure that you will do really well and there are lots of people who will be able to help you out if you get stuck!!

Just a thought- did you know that on a green day, you hex b choices can include:

10 almonds
6 brazil nuts
16 peanuts
6 walnut halves
9 hazelnuts

xxxx

Back