OMG!! :D

WELL DONE FERN!!! You've done amazingly well and deserve this moment so much.

What a great group and good luck with the SW thingy! Soooo 'citing!!! x

tehehe, Thank you ladies. and dont worry Victoria, i often think about you lot or drop you in converstaions with OH, who will look at me like im crazy because we both have all the same friends and he hasnt a clue who im on about haha.

Eeek> just got back from my last driving lesson before tomorrow. Hes picking me up at half7 tomorrow. Im crapping :eek: Wish me luck!

I be thinking about you lot sunday too. Gunna do you all proud, promise! xxx

Good luck for both your driving test and the competition on Sunday Fern, keeping everything crossed for you hun *hugs* xx

Wow!
That's really amazing, congratulations!

You've picked a good day to have your driving test, 07/08/09, very memorable!
I was feeling the same this time last year, I had my test on 08/08/08 and the few lessons before I was totally useless, but somehow I pulled it off on my test day. The only advice I'd give is to talk about what you're doing and what you're seeing. I know it sounds lame but I was pointing out people I saw, if a car was pulling out, bikes (they're always a pain on your test), and all other hazards really just to let the examiner know I'd seen them. Also pay attention to speed limits and how fast you're going, when you're nervous you sometimes forget about those things, and exaggerate checking your mirrors, they love that!

I really hope it all goes well for you :)

Thank you! I know exactly what you mean, especially checking over your shoulder in manoevers, cause if they miss that.. its a fail! Im trying super hard not to be nervous.. i just really want to pass! :( im so not gunna sleep tonight!!! LOL x

Thank you! I know exactly what you mean, especially checking over your shoulder in manoevers, cause if they miss that.. its a fail! Im trying super hard not to be nervous.. i just really want to pass! :( im so not gunna sleep tonight!!! LOL x

Just don't panic about it!

Driving around before my test I totally forgot I was having it, so when I got into the car with the examiner, it finally hit me and I nearly burst into tears, luckily I didn't or that would have been really embarrassing! So as long as a part of your brain remembers you should be alright!

Get a good nights rest and take it as it comes, that's all you can do. You've learnt it, you know what you're doing, be confident but cautious (I think that's the advice that was given to me before my test)

:)

:happy096:Aw Fern I'm welling up at the flowers and fuss, that is just so lovely that they are all behind you (as are we)! Congratulations on hitting that target, you've worked hard to get there!

Right...for tomorrow just try to relax (hard to I know - I stalled the car five times really early on my second test and thought I'd blown it, totally relaxed for the rest of it cause thought was def gonna fail and passed!), the rest is in the lap of the gods but I say.....

FernXx for the triple win! :party0011:

Well done on your weight lost journey you must be sooo proud

Good luck with your driving test and at the finals

OMG Well done you!!! I only have 3.5 to go & cannot imagine how I will feel when I finally get there (I am currently doing the target weight dance, you know two pounds off, three pounds on.....)

Well good luck for maintaining & good luck for the awards ceremony - make sure you post (with pics if poss)

Congratulations, thats fantastic, you really should be proud!
You are a real inspiration to us all!
Best of luck for you're driving test and the finals, I'll be keeping an eye out to see how it goes......Sending you positive vibes! x

Woop woop! You've done it!

You must be feeling on top of the world. Lots and lots of good luck for the weekend!!!!!!!!

xx

Hi Kells61, tryed to pm you.. but says youv chosen not to recieve pm's..

so here we go lol

i hope it helps!

I always write absoloutly everything down. yep, even after a year and a bit, i never miss a day, i ahve a little pad (its bright pink so i dont forget lol) and i write and calculate my syns before bed every night. Its the only way you can double check if its gone wrong, look back over the weeks and keep on top of your syns, because besides counting syns, you have to make sure your eating enough good stuff.

I always cram as much healthy stuff into my meals as possible.. even if it does get a bit overloaded LOL.. extra peppers.. etc

I lived off diet pepsi, the sweet taste really helped keep my sweet tooth at bay. .

i have atleast 1 takeaway per week. Before i started slimmingworld, me and my best friend always always ate takeaways non stop, and then we had dedicated 1 night to it, so, when i started slimmingworld, i decided that on this day, i would have what ever i wanted for my takeaway, whether it be sweet and sour chicken, cheesey chips.. even a dominos on the odd occasion, and im as good as a saint the rest of the week and limit myself to 7-12 syns. I find this helps, because im never restricting myself, and as it is, my friend has now joined and we changed our takeaway night to the night we weigh in, so we weigh in and go and enjoy our takeaway and start afresh the next day. i think thats whats helped the most, otherwise id pile it back on once i start eating takeaways again LOL plus, food makes me feel better when iv gained, and i celebrate with it when i lose :) lol

plan ahead, and make meals that you can freeze or that are filling, spag bowl, chilli con carni, chicken pasta bakes, shepards pie etc .. and like i said, eat lots of fruit and veg, and make your food exciting, somthing that you look forward to.

Some people find planning they'r syns or concentrating on the syns rather than free food works for them, but i find just planning my meals and how i'l make them, means i keep my syn value low, because most of my meals are low syn or syn-free.. leaving me scope in the evening or for unexpected events.

i lost nearly all my weight without doing exercise, but i find walking really helps, and although im still a lazy cow, put me in pretty surroundings or near a sea and i really enjoy it.. although il never be a fitness freak lol

and always treat yourself if you can with clothes, or somthing new. i made the mistake of telling myself id only buy clothes once id reached target, but after a stone and half i felt fat and ugly in mybaggy clothes and it ruined my self esteem even more, so i had to keep replacing my clothes and it made me feel so much better, and it made me notice the changes so much quicker. sometimes even just pj's from asda would do it LOL

also, i eat out alot with my OH, as its just us two we can afford to. I always swap chips for jacket, avoid high-syn sauces and opt for tom based pastas, chicken or steaks ..and wont have a dessert unless im absoloutly certain i want one..

If you want to know anything else, just let me know :) xxxx

Back