OMG that was too close!! Feeling so down :0(

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi guys,

Have been feeling a bit down dietwise the last few days :cry:.

Have been 100% but just really fed up and wanting to move onto WW to lose my last stone or two, but I really want to lose the weight ASAP so at the same time as wanting to do WW, I also do not want to stop doing SS. But obviously I can't do both :confused:.

I've been umming and ah-ing over this and trying to have some sort of plan so I know what I'm doing, but I just cant work it out :sigh:.

I have been suffering with lethargy and headaches all the way through SSing (now at the end of day 16) and its getting worse :(. I think about food all the time, unless I have something major to take my mind off it.

It just got so close to me caving, as I feel quite sick in my stomach and have done for a few days now, and I just felt like saying 'enough is enough' and packing it all in :wave_cry:.

I spoke to H2B and he said Ok, if switching to WW will stop me being this down about things then he supports that move. So I went to the fridge, and honestly there was nothing there I wanted. So I went to the freezer, and as tempting as the pizzas were I still couldnt honestly say I wanted one enough to break the diet....:rolleyes:

So I breathed a big sigh and moved away from the kitchen. Instead I went and measured myself, 1 inch lost around my 'spare tyre' (biggest part of me, 41inches now). I then decided to get on the scales. I weighed in yesterday morning, post-wee, in the nuddy, and the scales showed 12.5 and a half lbs.... now, bearing in mind its the eve and i normally weigh 2lbs more I weigh 12.4 and a half.... so thats 1lb less in a day PLUS whatever weight I have 'gained' during the day :D:eek::D. This has convinced me to avoid the food (for tonight at least) and reassess the situation tomorrow. Which will mean another full day of SSing (and a night!) instead of having broken the plan and regretting it tomorrow.

I just came so close it scares me as I am loving this speedy weightloss but really am very worried that I can't keep to it, especially as I go on hols first thing Thursday morning and had planned to stick to it throughout my holiday.... I really dont know if that will be possible!!

:break_diet:xxx:break_diet:

Hi Wannabeslim, I remember you from feb ( i think) we both started in feb and it looks like we've both kinda done the same thing done so well on SS then came off faffed around losing a bit more maintaining (however i then went on holiday and came back had another 2 weeks off any diet and gained 23 pounds) DONT DO IT i was gutted last week when I started cambidge and found I had gained that much, if you can, have a nice holiday 1 really nice meal a day and the other foods be quite sensible you will prob not put much on doing this and try and get your head back into diet mode, I can only tell you how I felt last week and that was gutted and i've had the week from hell getting back into it, it really was not worth it

Well I dont know how much that little essay has helped but I hope so

and good luck whatever you do

Awww Tinsel thanks so much for reading my huuuuge post (only just realised how long it is) and replying! For my holiday I have several options:

1) 2x CD packs a day (brekkie and lunchtime) + 1 sensible meal
2) SS 100%
3) No CD packs but just be very sensible, only eat when hungry and then go for healthy options

Not sure which is the best. Obviously SSwise, 2 is the best, for me personally probably 3 is the best, but in my head I know that 1 is probably the most achievable if I want to continue to lose. I just dont know what to do!!
x
xx

where are you going I think it depends on the type of holiday your having, do you think when you get there you can pass on breakfast for a shake? do you think if you decided before you go you plan to treat yourself with a couple of nice breakfasts anda couple of really nice evening meals and then the rest of the ays really sensible evening meals and shakes for breakfast and lunch the other days this will help you? I think you will be very strong if you could do this and that takes masses of willpower on holiday

whatever you do I hope you have a fab time and why is it we associate holidays with food - well I do anyway its like i'm on hoday woo hoo lets eat and that not why we go away really is it its mroe to get away and relax haha and drink?...

when i recently went away,

First three days I had breakfast, pack for lunch, dinner. I made fairly healthy choices but did have carbs... didnt eat between meals x

last 3 days I had three healthy meals... and prolly a magnum each day x

I only gained 3lb.... ( but that could have been the crap in the UK the day i came back)

:)

Thanks so much guys for your input. I could easily pass on brekkie and lunch as we are going SC (deliberately!), but not sure about dinner, and I have something of an all or nothing mentality about eating on holidays - either I eat nothing or I kick back and enjoy myself (sensibly). I only get 1 holiday a year, and love Spanish food, but at the same time I really don't want to gain weight!

Nas hun, how long did it take you to get the weight off on your return? Did you find that eating boosted your losses (kinda like a week 1 on SS) or was it an average loss? x

Hi Wannabeslim,

I am fairly new to the boards and just wanted to come in and say Hi and give you some encouragement!! I keep seeing your posts and your profile pic and think to myself "wow I cant wait to I look like that!" Obviously I dont know which one is you but both girls have such pretty thin faces & I cant wait till I look that good in photos!!;)

Well done for not caving in at the freezer, you and I both know that you would have felt like c#ap afterwards & regretted it! You know you can do it deep down.

For your holiday I think you should just do what you REALISTICALLY think you can do - you will only be putting pressure on yourself & maybe cave in.....

Anyway I will stop waffling now!!

Have a fantastic holiday & keep on being an inspiration to me! xx

Aww Ellen, thankyou so much, your post means the world to me! (I am the one on the left by the way)! :D

Ok, so I have had a think and a chat with H2B and we have agreed a plan. You see, I have to have a plan and it gets me stressed if I don't have one as I need it for resolve! So we have set a plan for holiday.

Pack for brekkie, pack for lunch and if I want one on the day, a meal for dinner. If not, then a pack for dinner. If I do eat dinner it will something I will really enjoy and I will make the decision when/if it comes to it whether or not to eat carbs. I would ideally like to stay in ketosis and continue to lose weight, but I do love my paella, and I will not deny myself a small portion if it really is something I feel I want.

I do feel better for making the decision, and in a way I hope that when it comes to the crunch I opt not to eat while away... kinda like tonight with the fridge/freezer incidient. I may be tempted but do I really want it enough to break the diet and make things harder for myself???

Only time will tell!!
xxx

Sounds like a great plan to me!! I ALWAYS have to have plans, my boyfriend laughs at me all the time as I am like "ok I think we should make a plan" and then this is normally followed by a list - as I just LOVE lists!!!:coffee:

I think its best to have a plan and you can stick to it and at then end of the day if you have a day where you go off plan, then so be it, dont beat yourself up about it as you know you can get back on track when home and you will soon lose the weight!

Do you mind me asking how much you weighed when you started & how tall you are?! I am 5ft 7 and weigh (weighed?!) 16st 6lb...

Good look Huni you can do it!

Nas hun, how long did it take you to get the weight off on your return? Did you find that eating boosted your losses (kinda like a week 1 on SS) or was it an average loss? x

I think it would have been gone in a day or two.... if i'd have ss'd... but i do 810... and it took me a few days to get back into it... I went back on 810 saturday had a massive blip Sunday, did 810 Monday and had lost it by Tuesday first thing... so i think if i'd have SS'd I'd have lost more than the 3lb... the extra eating on hol woud prolly have given the metabolism a boot :)

Oh hun sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Remember how much you have achieved and its only for a short period of time. So much of CD is in your head so believe in your ability to succeed and don't doubt yourself

xxxx

Thanks G! I have decided my head isn't in the right place anymore and am going to move off CD. I feel a bit stupid having to admit that I have failed this amazing diet, but I am just not strong enough at the moment.

xxx

Hey hun, you have to do what is right for you in the end. there is no point in you been down about this. you are nearly there and you can still lose 1/2lbs a week with ww even more :)

Back