:( on a real downer

FridgeNinja

So I started on herbalife a little while ago but the shakes werent really that filling and i just fell off the wagon it was a lot of effort measuring all the ingredients out etc and it spoilt quickly but instead of trying to control it another way I just binged as normal and now im bigger than ever to the point im not sure the new work uniform thats on order for this week is going to fit as its a struggle to fit in that size now :(
I desperately want to lose weight I want to be healthy but its just so hard. I love food it I'm emotional eater and food makes me feel better than anyone ever could :(

Sorry guys on a real downer just need a big hug and a kick up the back side, I dont want to get any bigger or this could get out of hand

Didnt help that when I went to the drs and said I need help to lose the weight they said because of the economic climate they can only recommend something like lighter life and cant refer me to a nutritionist or anything like that

Where do I go from here? xxx

Thanks in advance everyone

Willpower and motivation are what's needed, both of which I'm lacking in. Wayne Rooney's hair is more realistic than my attempts at dieting.

Comeon FMS we can do it together I'm not ready to give up yet x

I'm not giving up, just doing a lot of stopping and starting, by a coincidence the hairpiece just scored. I think weight loss must have slipped down the scale with doctors, mine hasn't been mentioned my last 2 visits, I had to ask to be weighed and that was a bad move on my part.

Hi there,

I can sympathise totally. But do you mind if I make a few observations? (Sorry if this sounds mean, I am honestly trying to help!)

a) I love food it I'm emotional eater and food makes me feel better than anyone ever could

Stop giving food power. We all do it - but it only makes you feel good because you tell yourself it makes you feel good. I recon it is all about the subconscious mind -if you constantly reaffirm to yourself that food is the answer to all problems, you believe it - and the cycle gets harder to break. I have been reading a book about positivity lately and I am really starting to identify with some of it. If you keep telling yourself, like, ten times a day, that you have the power to choose what makes you feel good you will start to believe it. Also, you can recognise when you start to have a naughty food thought 'I am so fed up I deserve a packt of biscuits' etc, and say to yourself 'thank you, food thought, for your input, but this time I am going to go for a nice hot bath instead' eventually - and it isn't overnight - it could take weeks - you will start to pull yourself out of negative thought patterns. The subconscious mind is all about repetition and gradually breaking bad habits.

b) Don't diminish what you have achieved in the past. Don't be so hard on yourself that you didn't succeed or keep it all off etc. You did some great work in the past, before you slipped up. That is no less an achievement because you did slip up - in fact things would be a lot worse now if you hadn't lost that weight - you would potentially be even heavier. So well done you. Learn to praise yourself for your positive weight loss achievements and you will be less scared to try again. We are all doing the best we can in the circumstances we face. Love yourself for trying and accept that it is never going to be a fautless path, but doing your best is an amazing thing to do.

God, I am so sorry that this must sound like such self indulgent twoddle, but I am really coming around to the benefits of positive thinking (the book is called 'The Power Is Within You' by Louise Hay) and realise that I have been repeating the process of beating myself up and setting myself up for failure so many times in the past. This timeI am going to try to stay positive throughout and try to make this a lifetime thing.

Ooops, although apparently 'there is no try, there is only do or don't'.

Anyway, again, sorry for the rant, I wish you every success and that you can make things start to work for you from now on. Incidently I have just joined Slimming World and highly recommend it,so far it has been really easy to follow and I have had great results with it previously.

Bonnie xx

Good work FMS, keep at it :)

Bonnie, not at all that all made such perfect sense, thanks for all the advice, I'm ready to get back on the wagon and work hard :)

I've been getting back on the wagon for the last 3 mondays but I can never find where it's parked.

Back