On the verge of quitting..... Don't think this is for me!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by julz123, 2 February 2009 Social URL.

1. julz123

julz123 Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nothing's shifting, i'm sticking to it 100% and my weight just keeps yo yo-ing between the same numbers! I've been doing SW since October now and currently i've lost a whole 1/2lb!!! My Consultant doesn't know what it is, i've tried EE, more red's, more green's, eating speeds, changing my food choices.... I really don't think i can go anywhere else?
    May join WW as i lost on that a couple of stone on that before i joined SW.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm sorry to hear that, it must be really frustrating. Have you tried doing the set menus in one of the magazines or online? They definitely produce good losses as they're used to bring people onto the plan, at least that way you could know for definite? x

4. AdsNan

AdsNan Wants to be slim at 60

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've know a couple of people for whom it just didn't work but nobody knew why. Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the best.

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    have you spoken to your consultant about Fast Forward to try and get things moving? Or maybe success express to restrict your calorie intake further?

6. mfinnis

mfinnis Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi...I'm struggling too....I have polycystic ovaries so weigt loss is always an issue for me as my metabolism is out of whack....I think even sticking to the plan 100% I am consuming more than my body burns so I need to either eat less and be hungry or do more exercise....neither of which I am inclined to do right now!

I have lost on ww before but chose sw as I was always more hungry on ww due to my food choices....

sw for me personally is a more long term healthy eating plan but I just wish the scales would shift....good luck hun....

7. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    awww sorry to hear you have been struggling - it must be very frustrating to have the will power to stick to it but then not lose. i guess there are some people that it doesnt work for. if ww worked for you then go back to that. good luck with whatever you do.

8. julz123

julz123 Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all your kind thoughts :)
    I choose SW over WW, as on WW i was constantly hungry and as already said SW is something you can stick with long term, life changing so to speak.
    I've never heard of fast forward, but may look into it as a last resort.
    Thanks again guys

9. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    clutching at straws here for you. Have you had your thyroid tested by the Dr?

I struggled to lose any weight on WW for some reason, it just didn't suit me. Sometimes these things happen. Good luck though and I hope you manage to get the weight off.. but please don't try drastic measures.

10. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fast forward is a very strict version of SW which is used when people hit a plataeu - from what i gather you're given a plan of what you can eat throughout the week and shouldn't stray from it. From people I know who've done it - it's hard but gives great results and seems to get over the plataeu that they've hit. I've never done it myself, but it might be worth a try.

I find SW really promotes healthy eating in a way that you don't even have to think about it - unlike a lot of diets that give you too much choice (which I can't be trusted with!). Because of that i'm going to stick to it, even when I hit a blip and usually give up - I must be slimmer by summer!!

11. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    :cry:Hi hen, think i'm in the same boat! Have stuck to plan all week and exercised and all and today - hadn't lost an ounce!! It's such a shame coz it's a great plan where your food intake just sorta looks after itself. I would consider it as a life change once i get to goal as i haven't put any weight on:D. Looks like it's back to WW for me as i know it works for me.

I did SW before and the results were very slow so it must be just me!! Back to the drawing board!!

12. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i did sw a few years back and tho i did loose i much prefer ww, thats a personal choice of course but everyone is different and different diets suit different people.
    ww has changed over the last couple years so it may suit you better but whichever you decide, you're not giving up your journey, you're jut taking a different route

13. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I was going to suggest this also, or sometimes when i'm anaemic i find it difficult to lose weight.

Sorry you are not getting results , and good luck with whichever plan you follow xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.