On the verge of quitting..... Don't think this is for me!

julz123

Nothing's shifting, i'm sticking to it 100% and my weight just keeps yo yo-ing between the same numbers! I've been doing SW since October now and currently i've lost a whole 1/2lb!!! My Consultant doesn't know what it is, i've tried EE, more red's, more green's, eating speeds, changing my food choices.... I really don't think i can go anywhere else?
May join WW as i lost on that a couple of stone on that before i joined SW.

I'm sorry to hear that, it must be really frustrating. Have you tried doing the set menus in one of the magazines or online? They definitely produce good losses as they're used to bring people onto the plan, at least that way you could know for definite? x

I've know a couple of people for whom it just didn't work but nobody knew why. Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the best.

have you spoken to your consultant about Fast Forward to try and get things moving? Or maybe success express to restrict your calorie intake further?

Hi...I'm struggling too....I have polycystic ovaries so weigt loss is always an issue for me as my metabolism is out of whack....I think even sticking to the plan 100% I am consuming more than my body burns so I need to either eat less and be hungry or do more exercise....neither of which I am inclined to do right now!

I have lost on ww before but chose sw as I was always more hungry on ww due to my food choices....

sw for me personally is a more long term healthy eating plan but I just wish the scales would shift....good luck hun....

awww sorry to hear you have been struggling - it must be very frustrating to have the will power to stick to it but then not lose. i guess there are some people that it doesnt work for. if ww worked for you then go back to that. good luck with whatever you do.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts :)
I choose SW over WW, as on WW i was constantly hungry and as already said SW is something you can stick with long term, life changing so to speak.
I've never heard of fast forward, but may look into it as a last resort.
Thanks again guys

clutching at straws here for you. Have you had your thyroid tested by the Dr?

I struggled to lose any weight on WW for some reason, it just didn't suit me. Sometimes these things happen. Good luck though and I hope you manage to get the weight off.. but please don't try drastic measures.

Fast forward is a very strict version of SW which is used when people hit a plataeu - from what i gather you're given a plan of what you can eat throughout the week and shouldn't stray from it. From people I know who've done it - it's hard but gives great results and seems to get over the plataeu that they've hit. I've never done it myself, but it might be worth a try.

I find SW really promotes healthy eating in a way that you don't even have to think about it - unlike a lot of diets that give you too much choice (which I can't be trusted with!). Because of that i'm going to stick to it, even when I hit a blip and usually give up - I must be slimmer by summer!!

:cry:Hi hen, think i'm in the same boat! Have stuck to plan all week and exercised and all and today - hadn't lost an ounce!! It's such a shame coz it's a great plan where your food intake just sorta looks after itself. I would consider it as a life change once i get to goal as i haven't put any weight on:D. Looks like it's back to WW for me as i know it works for me.

I did SW before and the results were very slow so it must be just me!! Back to the drawing board!!

i did sw a few years back and tho i did loose i much prefer ww, thats a personal choice of course but everyone is different and different diets suit different people.
ww has changed over the last couple years so it may suit you better but whichever you decide, you're not giving up your journey, you're jut taking a different route

clutching at straws here for you. Have you had your thyroid tested by the Dr?

I was going to suggest this also, or sometimes when i'm anaemic i find it difficult to lose weight.

Sorry you are not getting results , and good luck with whichever plan you follow xx

Back