on weigh in days...

Wifey

do you treat urself to takeaways? If you do, do you cut down on your syns during the week?

I usually treat myself to my favourite SW meal such as lasagne, chilli or SW chips and beans followed by a glass of wine and perhaps a nice chocolate bar.

If I have a takeaway I usually feel guilty afterwards so I stay away!!

i agree with bubba i also have my favorite s.w meal followed by some wine.

if i eat aa takeaway id go right off the plan lol

There have been a number of threads on this recently. My view is that if you count the syns from your allowance then fair enough but it you consider it a freebie then what's the point? Next week's weight loss starts the moment you step off the scales so why give yourself a bigger mountain to climb by starting off with a binge.

Sometimes I have a take away, but I still order the lowest syn meal I can, so although it goes over the days syns, it doesn't do it drastically, I also share the portion with my hubby, which cuts the syns too.

I don't do it every week, but when i do, I plan it from the WI before the one I want to have it, and I drop to 5 syns a day for the week, or if it's an impulse take away then I have 5 syns for the rest of the week to compensate.

I couldnt go mad with a take away - I would feel tooo naughty. I have a little treat ( packet of smarties in my case ) and dont count them, I didnt do this the week I put on half a pound mind!

I don't do anything differently on WI day, except eat my tea when I get home rather than usual time.

hey, i don't treat myself to a takeaway but i do have the odd treat now :) but only because I'm at target, never did when I was trying to lose weight - not sure it'd do any harm to ya like..

I just stick to the meal that I was planning on having that day that is SW friendly. Im too afraid to go off plan, saying that I am going to an all you can eat chinese buffet on Saturday...should be interesting as I have a gastric band!

someone once said to me that you shouldn't treat yourself with food as you then see it as a luxury rather than a necessity. you should prob try and treat yourself with some non-food treat - i.e. new clothes, facial, hair cut, film, etc x

Well I disagree with some of that - My tube of Smarties keeps me motivated that as long as I lose at WI I can have them!

Moomin, maybe you should stay motivated by saying "I will try my best every day to stay 100% and then I will reward myself once I have been to weigh-in regardless of the outcome by having smarties, because I already have the wake up of the weigh in to push me further the next week without punishing myself by denying myself the smarties". If you always have them to look forward to, use that as a motivation instead of punishing yourself when the scales dont say what you want, because there will always be some weeks where the scales dont say what you want them to, even when you have been 100%.

:D

Moomin, maybe you should stay motivated by saying "I will try my best every day to stay 100% and then I will reward myself once I have been to weigh-in regardless of the outcome by having smarties, because I already have the wake up of the weigh in to push me further the next week without punishing myself by denying myself the smarties". If you always have them to look forward to, use that as a motivation instead of punishing yourself when the scales dont say what you want, because there will always be some weeks where the scales dont say what you want them to, even when you have been 100%.

:D

Good point - In fairness Ive only missed them once cos Ive only had a teeny weeny gain once ;)
That week I didnt really want them cos I wanted to crack straight back on with the plan

i think everyones view on this depends on where they are in their journey to slimville!!

I usually have a treat, but last week i had a rocky road of disaster - so this week i am sticking to plan.

If i have a great result or a new shiny sticker - i think thats something that calls for a takeaway!!! thats just my view on it....this isnt just for losing weight - you have to have a life as well, and part of my life is meals out and enjoying food with my OH. If we had NO takeaways it isn't very fair on him! x

I find I don't actually enjoy my old Chinese so much anymore, and I certainly can't eat as much of it as I used to! Mine tends to be a bar of choccy on the way home too, and whatever the hubby has cooked for us when I get in. This week it was pork chops, beans and normal chips (not the SW type!) and I throughly enjoyed it! Pre-SW, I'd have eaten double the amount he dished up though! Up until a few weeks ago, I'd have a relaxed day on a Tuesday too, but I'm not now. Apart from a wee blip last night, I've been 100% and will continue to be so till WI this Monday!

Back