One stone at a time target/challenge.

Know exactly where ur coming from sweetie but u will b a beautiful bridesmaid no matter wot size u r. Don't put 2 much pressure on urself & try to take it one day at a time. Does ur best friend know how stressed u r about it? Wud she understand if u told her how u feel. I'm sure she wud just want u 2 njoy her special day. I was bridesmaid for my brother a few years ago and was a size 12 at the time. Still didn't feel confident tho, think its how we feel inside. U hav got 8 months 2 b as gud as possible and as long as u try ur best u can't expect anymore of urself. We will all b here 2 support u along the way xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a mill, i knew i would feel better just saying it on here cos you understand. I said it to her but she just said she doesnt care what size i am but she wants me there . The funny thing is i was 14 and a half stone when i got married 5 1/2 years ago and i felt great i think its because the others are so slim but as you say i have 8 months to do my best its all i can do. Thanks gail its great to have someone who understands . Loads of hugs x x x

Hey honeys, how are we doing?
Gwen - I agree with Gail, you will look wonderful no matter what - but i totally understand what you mean. Can you talk to your friend about the style of dress you will be wearing to make sure its super flattering??

I've been a bit fed up at work today - got so much work on and so many meetings I can't actually spend any time at my desk doing the work. had a bit of an emotional wobble talking to my boss about it today - but he was so sweet and offered to help me prioritize my work and tell some people to back off if I can't do the work in the time they want.
Not sure why this is bothering me as normally I am so organized and work much better when under pressure!

And to top it all I've been bad. I've had a chicken kebab two nights running and half a portion of chips! I've counted this in my points but its not healthy eating is it.

Slightly worried about this weekend, we're off to Yorkshire for my mum in laws wedding, (she was widowed 6 years ago). so lots of meals out and trips to ikea and shopping. So worried about sabotaging myself!

Ah well...hope everyone else is having a better day than I am.

Emms x

Oh no we are all having a bit of a bad couple of days. Im so glad your boss was so helpful it makes all the difference. Maybe its the worry of this weekend that is upsetting your mind in work and letting you feel the pressure although i remember the days of needing to be in 2 places at once and people expecting you to be, its not nice. Just makevthe best choices you can this weekend. You are so motivated you will be fine so dont doubt yourself at all. And you pointed the kebabs so you havent been bad. Hope you feel better tomorrow hun x x x

Well, a bit of struggle this week & I feel like the size of a pie warehouse :( also MIL listened, NOT. today picked kids up & I have, a tiger loaf, half dozen jam doughnuts & half dozen creme eggs ( cos they're half price) well I just lost it. I said I thought we weren't buyin sweet stuff anymore, she says " well they're on offer & thought u could ration them" eeeerrrmmmm hell to the no, does it look like I can ration sugary sweets :( so then she says " so you don't want any treats?" I said no & if she feels like she shud buy summat then to buy fruit.
How we all doin anyway? Hope we are all snacking = tracking . Xxxkayxxxx

galaxy-girl said:
Well, a bit of struggle this week & I feel like the size of a pie warehouse :( also MIL listened, NOT. today picked kids up & I have, a tiger loaf, half dozen jam doughnuts & half dozen creme eggs ( cos they're half price) well I just lost it. I said I thought we weren't buyin sweet stuff anymore, she says " well they're on offer & thought u could ration them" eeeerrrmmmm hell to the no, does it look like I can ration sugary sweets :( so then she says " so you don't want any treats?" I said no & if she feels like she shud buy summat then to buy fruit.
How we all doin anyway? Hope we are all snacking = tracking . Xxxkayxxxx

Omg, she just doesn't get it does she! Tiger bread, doughnuts & creme eggs r my idea of heaven!! Ur a better woman than me if uve resisted those. I've found it really hard today. Not bin 2 bad this week but I hav picked. Had one crisp everytime boys hav had a pack, ate crusts off toast etc etc. Hope the scales r nice to me in morn xxxx

We really need to start bein more strict & pointing those bits. Her ONLY Savin grace was that she made kids some fruit kebabs. Had strawberries, grapes, pineapple, kiwi & apple pieces threaded on a stick. They had 2 each & they fetched those home as well. So I've had 2 of them & one creme egg. Resisted the tiger bread & doughnuts so far cos I want a loss tomorrow :(

We really need to start bein more strict & pointing those bits. Her ONLY Savin grace was that she made kids some fruit kebabs. Had strawberries, grapes, pineapple, kiwi & apple pieces threaded on a stick. They had 2 each & they fetched those home as well. So I've had 2 of them & one creme egg. Resisted the tiger bread & doughnuts so far cos I want a loss tomorrow :(

well done you for standing up to your mum in law!!
And even more well done's for only having a creme egg!

Hope everyone is doing okay - I've finished work now for three days and am off up to Yorkshire in the morning for the big wedding, so won't be online until Sunday evening or Monday morning!

Have a fabulous weekend all!
Emms x

Everyone on here is such an inspiration to me and gives me more motivation to keep goin finally weighted in at 16 st 10.5 lb starting weight 18st 13lb such hard work and slow progress but wat else is keeping me goin is my bf mother on bout how everyone thinks I'm big but have a pretty face she likes to get her digs in about my weight :mad:

emmaholl said:

Hope everyone is doing okay - I've finished work now for three days and am off up to Yorkshire in the morning for the big wedding, so won't be online until Sunday evening or Monday morning!

Emms x

Have a nice time in beautiful Yorkshire. I know you will try your hardest, like you always do, to keep on the straight & narrow. Lookin forward to your report back on Monday with full run down on wedding xxxxxxx

joanne-x said:
Everyone on here is such an inspiration to me and gives me more motivation to keep goin finally weighted in at 16 st 10.5 lb starting weight 18st 13lb such hard work and slow progress but wat else is keeping me goin is my bf mother on bout how everyone thinks I'm big but have a pretty face she likes to get her digs in about my weight :mad:

Ah Joanne that's so nice to hear. (not about ur bf mum but about inspiration) When you just feel like sayin" ah blow it" to hear someone say that means so much. Well done on the huge loss so far, keep up the good work. If you've kept up to date wi my stories of MIL im sure you'll agree they're prob from same mould & do try to test us to the limit. Keep comin here & feel free to ave a good ole moan xxxkayxxxx

galaxy-girl said:
Ah Joanne that's so nice to hear. (not about ur bf mum but about inspiration) When you just feel like sayin" ah blow it" to hear someone say that means so much. Well done on the huge loss so far, keep up the good work. If you've kept up to date wi my stories of MIL im sure you'll agree they're prob from same mould & do try to test us to the limit. Keep comin here & feel free to ave a good ole moan xxxkayxxxx
Thanks a million Kay il be on everyday downloaded the app so happy I'm able to talk to other people now who understand and are going through the same struggles :) xxx,

emmaholl said:

Emms x

Hav a fab time at wedding Emms! Xxx

joanne-x said:

Mother in laws! Don't u just luv em! Keep doin wot ur doin Hun, it's obviously working. There is always someone wiv a smart arse comment but u r doin this for urself. We're all here 2 support ya wiv every lil pound xx

whoopsadolly said:
Mother in laws! Don't u just luv em! Keep doin wot ur doin Hun, it's obviously working. There is always someone wiv a smart arse comment but u r doin this for urself. We're all here 2 support ya wiv every lil pound xx

Thanks so much means alot she always putting me down when I first got wit my bf 3 years ago she use to ring me threatenin me when she was drunk and even when her sister met me her sister was drunk and was like I don't like her she's a fat b*tch he deserves better such a horrible family when drunk xxx

hiya ladies!

I have realised it must be monster, oops, I mean mother in law week! :eek:
between us it sounds like we have some right old dragons!
At least we have each other to motivate and support!
Will miss you all this weekend...

Emms xx

Could I please join? I started at 13,11.5 and after 1st WI on Tuesday I'm at 13.6 :)

I haven't been in the 12s for over a year and I'm really going for it!!!

Ruth
X

I wanted to jump on quickly to say, Ive lost 2lbs this week !

Ive literally just walked in the house, but I need to respond to these posts tomorrow as as my bed is calling me.... Kay you know what I mean lol !

Happy Friday!

Lisa xx

Gwen, the rest are right you'll look beautiful as a bridesmaid, even at a pound a week between now and then you can lose about 2 and a half stone by then which will make a huge difference and we're here for support all the way!

Blimey, are our Mothers as bad to our other halves as their Mothers can be to us? My Mum loves my BF in fact if I am not careful I think she'd like to run off with him herself lol :p Well done for making a stand Kay!

Joanne maybe she was trying to be nice but what she said sounded more encouraging in her head then it does out loud. You have done amazingly so far :)

Have a fab time at the wedding Emms, don't worry if you put on a little as it will come off just as fast, see my Christmas gain and loss lol!

Welcome to the thread Ruth, hope you find a lot of encouragement, everyone is very supportive.

Lisa, what a fab loss, well done lady!!

As for me, I have borked my shoulder being a little too enthusiastic when playing Just Danc 3 lol... but owies! Although got me out of shovelling snow this morning, there is a law here that means you need to clear snow from the pathways outside your property by 7:30 am!

Have a great day ladies, xxx

I wanted to jump on quickly to say, Ive lost 2lbs this week !

Ive literally just walked in the house, but I need to respond to these posts tomorrow as as my bed is calling me.... Kay you know what I mean lol !

Happy Friday!

Lisa xx

Well done lisa thats brill. Bring on next wk x x

Could I please join? I started at 13,11.5 and after 1st WI on Tuesday I'm at 13.6 :)

I haven't been in the 12s for over a year and I'm really going for it!!!

Ruth
X

Well done ruth and welcome to the gang. If it wasnt for the ladies on here id have given up by now. Good luck for next wk x x

Back