Ooh! Ooh!! More questions! :)

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I wish I would have found this forum ages ago!! It is such a relief to find people who are going through the same thing - where I can finally find out if things I have been dealing with or suffering with, are weight related, because now I have found successful people who have been there and back who might know the difference!!

So - wondering - have any of you ladies, or men ;) , have you found that before you lost weight, did you have to stop wearing heels due to pain, and effort, etc., and now that you have lost weight do you find you can wear them again?

For a few years now I have not been able to wear heels, and I miss a nice pair now and again. I have often wondered if my feet just cannot cope with it anymore due to natural changes, or if it is because of all the excess weight?

--------

Also - on the back of my neck, at the base, just between and above my shoulder blades there is a bigger-then-a-bump, smaller-then-a-hump, bit of flesh. I have only noticed it in the last couple of years, and my usual thing to do is to blame any malfunction or unpleasant thing I find on being fat. I do have good posture, so just wondering if anyone else had something like that and if it dissappeared as the weight went off? Its fairly thick, or solid - not the best choices of words to describe it, but in other words, it doesn't feel squishy and fatty, so I just wondered?

Thanks again!!!!

I am going to turn in to a sponge to absorb all the great advice here!!

yes - I am back in heels very high and wearing them all day! Hurrah

I would check your shoe size before you buy those Louboutin though as I have dropped 2 sizes and can get into a 6 when I was in an eight!

ETA - are you me? :D

I have the fatty hump - or I did it is much smaller after 2 stone loss - so not long to wait to see it go!

LOL - not sure I can comment on Heels (as if I would admit to it on here eh?)

HOWEVER, I used to find it agony to be on my feet for more than an hour at a time - especially if on a hard surface like an exhibition hall or (god forbid) a shopping centre.

I used to love Golf but its 4 hours of walking and the last 2.5 hrs were misery.

NOW - I played golf for the first time in 2 years at the end of september and no pain or discomfort at all - and as for being on my feet for more than an hour - I'm running now and did a half marathon about a month ago.

So - I reckon that from my anti-gravitational experience - Heels will be IN when you have lost the weight - and do hold off until after you've lost most of your weight because my feet have definitely changed in size

Good luck and hopefully - happy tottering

Also - on the back of my neck, at the base, just between and above my shoulder blades there is a bigger-then-a-bump, smaller-then-a-hump, bit of flesh. I have only noticed it in the last couple of years, and my usual thing to do is to blame any malfunction or unpleasant thing I find on being fat. I do have good posture, so just wondering if anyone else had something like that and if it dissappeared as the weight went off? Its fairly thick, or solid - not the best choices of words to describe it, but in other words, it doesn't feel squishy and fatty, so I just wondered?

Thanks again!!!!

I am going to turn in to a sponge to absorb all the great advice here!!

My fat girl hump? Yeah, I had one of those, it was one of the things about being fat that I hated the most! It's gone now though, in fact since I started practicing yoga regularly, it's almost flat in that area. Other side effects that I noticed were that I now walk faster than my boyfriend (I used to be the one shouting 'slow down' and attempting to trot along as fast as my chubby little legs would carry me), I no longer wear out the inside of my jeans long before the jeans have died a natural death, I don't sweat nearly as much (apart from when I'm making myself sweat by running/cycling/yoga), I can exercise without wanting to die, my feet don't swell up painfully after a day's shopping, my PCOS symptoms have more or less gone, I go clubbing now and can stay out dancing til 7 am, I cycled 250 miles in 5 days across India for charity, my feet went down half a size, and the most noticeable one is that I smile and laugh a lot more!

Phew, that was an epic!

I have worn my pretty high boots that used to kill me, and wouldn't do up properly now fit perfectly and don't hurt any more.
I can shop all day without getting achey feet.
. . . . and my 'hump' is smaller.
I think my feet have shrunk a bit too.
The only downside I can think of is my engagement ring is too big and is just about being held on with my wedding ring (I have had to switch them round so the wedding ring is on top), but I don't think it will be long before they are falling off.

Back