Open to both Teams The Recipe Challenge

Thanks Rach, I thought I had done that but it didnt work so I opened an album and copied & pasted from there. The wonders of modern technology are slowly passing me by

is anyone else entering this? otherwise its going to be a straight win for TEAM LOSER - WHOOP :D x

Oh I forgot all about this :(

xx

whoops think all my team forgot about this Rach :rolleyes:
so please comp closed for the month you take the points hun

I'm off to give my team a kick up the bum haha!!

you can share one if you like hun, Team Loser already won last months challenge but think there'll be another one soon :D

blackwidow said:
Entry 2:

Moroccan spiced turkey koftas

Ingredients

500g turkey mince
2 slices bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp parsley
1 tbsp harissa paste
splash rosewater
2 lemons, juice and zest
2 tsp mint
pinch ground cinnamon
2 free-range eggs

For the tabbouleh

240g bulgar wheat, (dried weight) cooked according to instructions
1 cucumber, finely chopped
450g/1lb cherry tomatoes, quartered
6 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 lemons, zest and juice
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped

For the sauce

1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
12 fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika

Method:

For the koftas, blend the mince and breadcrumbs together in a food processor until combined.

Add the garlic, parsley, harissa paste, rosewater, lemon juice and zest, mint, cinnamon and eggs and blend until well combined.

Shape the mixture into balls - the mix should make about 16.

Stick these on a baking tray and put in the oven for around half an hour on 180C.

For the tabbouleh, mix all of the tabbouleh ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.

For the sauce, frylight a pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomato purée and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Add the fresh tomatoes, chilli and smoked paprika, bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the minutes.

Serve the koftas with a little sauce spooned over and the tabbouleh.

Serves 4, works out as 9 points per serving - if you remove the oil from the tabbouleh then its 8.

If like me, you use all your tomatoes in the sauce, have no cucumber or spring onions, you can make your tabbouleh differently with a couple of tsps of paprika and some roasted peppers which would be same points :D nicer with the proper ingredients in it though :)

Any ideas how many points for harrisa paste?

Back