Extra Easy Operation get thinner!

Sharrington

I'm so happy to have found this forum. Wish I'd found it sooner, but hey, there is still 5 stone to lose, so better late than never!

A little bit about me. I'm soon to be 48 years old and have always been fat. I remember buying size 24 jeans when I was 24 and after having my twins I gradually put on more weight until I was a size 28 and 20 stone 4.5 lb when I started Slimming World. Joining Slimming World is the absolute best thing I've done for myself ever! I average out at a 2.5lb loss per week and so far have lost 5 stones 4.5lb making me exactly 15 stones now and in size 18 clothes which is a joy and a delight! I'm on the social team, which I love, and I've made some brilliant friends too.

I weigh in on Tuesday evenings and this week was delighted with a 4lb loss. Not weighing in next week as I am jetting off to Italy for a few days! I'm going to do my best to limit the damage while I'm away. Luckily I don't really like pizza and I'd rather eat salad than pasta, but I will try a proper Italian pizza while I'm away and I'm determined to sample the gelato!

So, today's food diary:

Breakfast: baked oats with raspberries, strawberries, a banana and a morello cherry muller light. (1.5 Syns)

Snack: apple, clementine, a slice of carrot cake (bosses birthday at work!)

Lunch: Chinese chicken and mushroom soup and a nectarine.

Dinner: chicken risotto, grilled tomatoes and courgettes.

Husband is out tonight so I've got a punnet of raspberries to graze on later. May also have a rocky road hi fi light bar if I fancy it.

The children had inset day today, so we spent the morning at Legoland. On the way home we had to pop into Windsor to return a pair of chinos because they were too big! So we parked in the far away car park and walked along the river up to town to get a bit more exercise in because, you know, walking around hilly Legoland isn't enough exercise for one day! I treated the boys to an ice cream on the walk back to the car and a Coke Zero for me. Unfortunately, I had to lick round the older boys cone several times as it was melting, so I'm treating that as all of the rest of my syns for today! Having an SP day today.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.

Lunch: First HEB in the form of Wholemeal roll filled with lettuce, tomato and pulled BBQ chicken, carrot and cucumber sticks with a nectarine to follow. Oh also had a Soreen squidgy cake bar. (5 syns)

Dinner: cauliflower rice with mushroom ragu, HEA cheese grated on top) and grilled courgette and steamed broccoli. Apple to follow.

Later on will have second HEB in the form of 2 hi fi light bars.

So off on holiday to Italy tomorrow. Had a sneaky pre-hols weigh-in this morning. 14.12, so aiming to maintain while I'm away!

Breakfast: overnight oats made with 2 x muller light Greek style morello cherry yogs and a ton of frozen raspberries (1 syn)

Lunch: 2 egg omelette filled with mushroom, ham, tomatoes, cheese and chives, baked beans on the side as they needed using up and a nectarine to follow. - exceedingly tasty

Dinner: baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and probably some more chives, cucumber, cherry toms and beetroot on the side. Light and free raspberry yog for pud.

Snacks will include a hi fi bar or two and an apple.

Thinking ahead to a day of travel tomorrow. So will make baked oats while my spud is in the oven later so I just have to warm it up in the microwave in the morning. Also going to make a wholemeal roll filled with ham, cheese, tomato and cucumber for on the plane (easyjet) tomorrow and an apple to follow. So sort of in control of 60% of meals for tomorrow. We'll be eating out when we get there so will aim to have a salad to try and sort of have an SP day... But then again there's yoghurt in the baked oats, so not really SP! Maybe syn the roll instead... One way or the other, tomorrow will be fine.

I'm back from a brilliant few days in Italy. I met up with an old school friend who I haven't seen for 35 years! Much delicious food was eaten. I stayed on plan most of the time, but did indulge in 2 ice creams and one portion of tiramisu. Had a sneaky go on the scales and have only put on 1lb, so hoping to see the back of that before weigh in day on Tuesday. Back on it today.

Breakfast: Baked oats and an apple. (1 syn)

Lunch: rustic bean and pasta soup and a light and free cherry yoghurt

Dinner: Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and a side salad.

Syns: a lollipop (1 syns) a biscuit (3 syns) maybe a hifi bar later on (3 syns) [total 8 for the day!]

Drinks: 4 glasses of water, 1 coke zero, 1 glass of cherries and berries sugar free squash, 2 roasted hazelnut coffees.

Had a good day today. I woke up with a headache so copious amounts of water were drunk in a bid to get rid of it.

Breakfast: baked oats with raspberries, strawberries and vanilla yoghurt (2 syns)

Lunch: ham and cottage cheese with salad. Light and free cherry yog for pud

Dinner: rich banger and bean casserole with sugar snap peas and an apple for pudding. (2 syns)

Drinks: 2 litres water, 1 Coke Zero, 1 hazlenut coffee, 1 cherries and berries squash

Syns: 2 peanut butter Oreo cookies (5 syns) will have a hifi light later (3 syns)

Mega busy day today. Back to work this morning, then cooking up a storm in between picking the boys up from school and taking them to Beavers!

Breakfast: porridge with raspberries and strawberries

Lunch: slice of ham, bit of cottage cheese, mugshot, nibble on some beetroot, 4 rolos (5 syns)... bit of a disaster really!

Dinner: one pot chicken with cous cous... devine!

Drinks... lots of water, one coffee, one coke zero, two cherries and berries

Well done for staying mostly on plan in Italy! That pesky pound probably has more to do with water retention from travelling.

Good luck with WI tomorrow.

I managed to get rid of that pesky pound, so had a maintain when I weighed in on Tuesday! Very pleased with that!

I've had a busy few days at work, but I've been on plan all week. I'm aiming to lose 3lb this week, so putting a few SP days in for a boost!

Yesterday

Breakfast: porridge with raspberries and strawberries (HEB#1)

Snack: a peach and a clementine

Lunch: ham and salad and an apple

Dinner: speedy bolognese with courgetti and 2 hi fi light bars to follow (HEB#2)

Drinks: lots of water with lemon, cherries and berries squash, 2 coffees and a Coke Zero

Syns: 6 rolos (7.5 Syns)

Last edited:
So yesterday was good! I went shopping and bought a new dress. Not any dress, a size 16 dress!!! I have never been a size 16 in my adult life, so I am extremely happy that all my hard work is paying off... This time last year I was size 26/28!

I had a very late breakfast so I didn't have to have lunch as I was out with friends last night.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, baked beans, grilled mushroom and tomatoes.

Lunch: was more of a snack, Apple and strawberries

Dinner: Bosco Salad at Pizza express... Spinach, artichokes, mushrooms, mozzarella, rocket, chicken, bread sticks and I had tiramisu for pudding.

Off out to the seaside for the day today....

Breakfast: porridge with raspberries

Lunch: chicken salad

Dinner: slimming world burgers.

Had a super day out yesterday. Bought all the family ice cream, but I had a black Americano. Wore my new size 16 dress and felt fabulous! I've never been a size 16 before!

Menu plan for today: SP day

Breakfast: omelette filled with cheese, tomato and mushrooms with beans (HEA)

Lunch: sticky five spice gammon steaks with stir fried pak choi, carrot and courgette, strawbs for pudding.

Dinner: Chinese chicken and mushroom soup, wholemeal roll to dip in. (HEB#1)

Will include 2 hi fi bars for HEB#2 somewhere during the day.

Snacks will feature Apple, clementine maybe a peach

Will drink lots of water today as I didn't drink much yesterday.

Hmm, jumped on the scales this morning for a sneak peak before weigh in tomorrow and it looks like I haven't lost anything at all! Now my friend at work and I have a theory that your weightloss or gain is always a week behind... so perhaps this is the effect of my holiday? Who knows? I know I've been doing all the usual things I usually do, so it's a complete mystery to me... ok, there was that tiramisu on Friday night, but that was one meal out of 21!!! However, you're not supposed to weigh in at home, so perhaps I'll have a pleasant surprise at Slimming World tomorrow. I bought a 12 week countdown at Slimming World last week, so I am looking forward to getting my Slimming World journal tomorrow evening.

Food today, another SP day... blooming well hope this one shows up on the scales!

Breakfast: porridge with raspberries and strawberries (HEA & HEB#1)

Lunch: ham salad sandwich and a diet coke. (HEB#2)

Dinner: cauliflower, swede, carrot and green bean curry.

Snacks: apple, 2 clementines, 2 hifi bars. (6 syns)

Back