Opinions on "cooking" packs (also features discussions on the bars)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by blue_grapefruit, 27 June 2008 Social URL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

What are everyone's opinions on making the foodpacks into muffins and so forth?

I'm hopeless at making the muffins, and when I made the crips once i burnt out the microwave :rolleyes:

Should we make packs into foodie things when it's a total food replacement diet?!

Should we be making the CD packs into crisps (cos I swear it's crisps that got me to 13st!! Ok, maybe not CD crisps but Walkers have a lot to answer for!!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fatbird

Fatbird Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I tried to make the muffins twice, and they turned in to a cross between playdoh and mash potato!!

I was gutted I wasted the packs, so never again! I won't even attempt the crisps!

I also struggle with the bars too because they leave me wanting to scoff another one because they are like eating a chocolate bar!

It made me think it wasn't being helpful to me and trying to retrain my eating habits!

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Personally, I wouldn't. Keep it 'clean' and all that.

Not that you would do dirty muffins :D, but ya know what I mean.

The plan works just as written, so don't change it. Messes with the mind :eek:

My opinion and all that.

5. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

I think it's fine to cook packs, as long as you stick to one a day.

Having said that, I haven't cooked one since I got an extra vegetable one and couldn't bear to have it as soup.
    I find no need to cook the packs, I make my mousses or jelly or ice cream, but I don't microwave them.

6. blue_grapefruit

I have avoided the bars with a barge pole! Dunno why, maybe something to do with the "windy" rumours or that i want to avoid all "bad-related" foods altogether!

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i tend not to. It took me a couple of months to try doing it because I shared KD's opinion. Now I don't bother. Some people really struggle to find flavours they like in these circumstances then I suggest anything.

However, my biggest gripe with CD is that every bar available is covered in chocolate - what's that all about when we are supposed to be learning good habits ... and not everyone likes chocolate (believe it or not)

8. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

I'm also avoiding the bars, cause some people's losses slow down with them, and cause of the 'trapped wind' thing, and cause I don't want to get addicted to chewing :p

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

not that chocolate is BAD but it isn't like they use quality dark chocolate

10. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I've never 'cooked' a pack so can't advise on how to make a muffin or crisps.

Mind you, that's only because my microwave blew up some time ago and I just never got around to replacing it :rolleyes:

11. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

Heh, maybe I should blow up my microwave.

I was talking to my mum about how to cook various veg (for when I'm on SS+) and she was like 'Microwave that. Microwave that. Microwave everything.'

I hate microwaved veg, it's horrible.
    I shall do what I always do, and ignore her :D

12. blue_grapefruit

Get a steamer! My mother insisted on getting me one for first year uni, i'm now obsessed with the thing!

13. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

Well we have one of those pans where you boil water in the bottom and it steams whatever you put in the top (if you get what I mean) and she ALWAYS uses that for her veg, but apparently I'm not good enough for it, hah.

I may suggest getting a steamer to my parents, but since they're paying for the diet already :eek: I may buy one for myself when I start uni.
    Having said that, I'll be catered for at least a year, so it doesn't really matter :p

14. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS

I'm still intrigued by KD's dirty muffins, they sound fab!

No, I didn't do anything with my packs, too lazy and too worried I mess it up and waste a pack. I too never had bars as I was worried they would make me hungry and also they seemed to similar to old addictions!

Gx

15. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've tried more or less everything, mousses, bars, muffins, crisps and haven't been successful with any of them.
    I just stick to my tetras now.

16. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'll admit to going through a "stage" for the past couple of weeks where i wanted to cook everything - stuck to one a day though lol. I think i was just at that point of craving texture & variety. Now i've kind of gone the opposite direction and have reverted to mostly liquids again with odd muffin thrown in.

I also recognised that i was increasingly buying savoury packs to make crisps....not good since crisps were my biggest downfall.

17. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I tried to make the muffins but it didnt work! I like to crunch on something on this diet so I like the bars a lot!!

One thing I like is making the strawberry shakes into a thin paste and p utting them into the freezer for an hour, they are like chocolate but you have to drink loads more water I find but they are so tastey!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I've never attempted to cook one either. Crisps are my vice so it wouldn't be a very good idea! I am also steering clear of the bars as if I had one, I know I would keep scoffing.

20. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Hey. I am making crisps a couple of times a week. Purely because I cant stomach the soups but sometimes NEED something savoury, and the crisps are just right.

Ironically I was never a crisp person before - always stuffed myself with other junk - puddings, cake, biscuits, pizza and chinese namely

21. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Argh, I'm starting to think I should have got 4 bars when I saw my CDC yesterday... Going to France on Thurs for the wedding, and they'd be lighter in my suitcase! dammit!

22. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Havent tried the bars yet...am avoiding as long as possible!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.