• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Opinions on "cooking" packs (also features discussions on the bars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are everyone's opinions on making the foodpacks into muffins and so forth?

I'm hopeless at making the muffins, and when I made the crips once i burnt out the microwave :rolleyes:

Should we make packs into foodie things when it's a total food replacement diet?!

Should we be making the CD packs into crisps (cos I swear it's crisps that got me to 13st!! Ok, maybe not CD crisps but Walkers have a lot to answer for!!)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I tried to make the muffins twice, and they turned in to a cross between playdoh and mash potato!!

I was gutted I wasted the packs, so never again! I won't even attempt the crisps!

I also struggle with the bars too because they leave me wanting to scoff another one because they are like eating a chocolate bar!

It made me think it wasn't being helpful to me and trying to retrain my eating habits!

KD

Gone fishing
Personally, I wouldn't. Keep it 'clean' and all that.

Not that you would do dirty muffins :D, but ya know what I mean.

The plan works just as written, so don't change it. Messes with the mind :eek:

My opinion and all that.

I think it's fine to cook packs, as long as you stick to one a day.

Having said that, I haven't cooked one since I got an extra vegetable one and couldn't bear to have it as soup.
I find no need to cook the packs, I make my mousses or jelly or ice cream, but I don't microwave them.

I have avoided the bars with a barge pole! Dunno why, maybe something to do with the "windy" rumours or that i want to avoid all "bad-related" foods altogether!

I'm also avoiding the bars, cause some people's losses slow down with them, and cause of the 'trapped wind' thing, and cause I don't want to get addicted to chewing :p

Summerskye

Gold Member
S: 18st11lb C: 12st4lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 6st7lb(34.6%)
I've never 'cooked' a pack so can't advise on how to make a muffin or crisps.

Mind you, that's only because my microwave blew up some time ago and I just never got around to replacing it :rolleyes:

Heh, maybe I should blow up my microwave.

I was talking to my mum about how to cook various veg (for when I'm on SS+) and she was like 'Microwave that. Microwave that. Microwave everything.'

I hate microwaved veg, it's horrible.
I shall do what I always do, and ignore her :D

Heh, maybe I should blow up my microwave.

I was talking to my mum about how to cook various veg (for when I'm on SS+) and she was like 'Microwave that. Microwave that. Microwave everything.'

I hate microwaved veg, it's horrible.
I shall do what I always do, and ignore her :D
Get a steamer! My mother insisted on getting me one for first year uni, i'm now obsessed with the thing!

Well we have one of those pans where you boil water in the bottom and it steams whatever you put in the top (if you get what I mean) and she ALWAYS uses that for her veg, but apparently I'm not good enough for it, hah.

I may suggest getting a steamer to my parents, but since they're paying for the diet already :eek: I may buy one for myself when I start uni.
Having said that, I'll be catered for at least a year, so it doesn't really matter :p

S: 14st1lb C: 8st10lb BMI: 23 Loss: 5st5lb(38.07%)
Personally, I wouldn't. Keep it 'clean' and all that.

Not that you would do dirty muffins :D, but ya know what I mean.

The plan works just as written, so don't change it. Messes with the mind :eek:

My opinion and all that.

I'm still intrigued by KD's dirty muffins, they sound fab!

No, I didn't do anything with my packs, too lazy and too worried I mess it up and waste a pack. I too never had bars as I was worried they would make me hungry and also they seemed to similar to old addictions!

Gx

LizDesigns

Silver Member
S: 17st1lb C: 15st4lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 34.5 Loss: 1st11lb(10.46%)
I've tried more or less everything, mousses, bars, muffins, crisps and haven't been successful with any of them.
I just stick to my tetras now.

karenO

Step away from the chips!
I'll admit to going through a "stage" for the past couple of weeks where i wanted to cook everything - stuck to one a day though lol. I think i was just at that point of craving texture & variety. Now i've kind of gone the opposite direction and have reverted to mostly liquids again with odd muffin thrown in.

I also recognised that i was increasingly buying savoury packs to make crisps....not good since crisps were my biggest downfall.

lillypop

now got pictures in album
S: 23st4lb G: 10st4lb
I tried to make the muffins but it didnt work! I like to crunch on something on this diet so I like the bars a lot!!

One thing I like is making the strawberry shakes into a thin paste and p utting them into the freezer for an hour, they are like chocolate but you have to drink loads more water I find but they are so tastey!

Sarette

Gold Member
S: 19st13lb C: 17st8lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 2st5lb(11.83%)
I've never attempted to cook one either. Crisps are my vice so it wouldn't be a very good idea! I am also steering clear of the bars as if I had one, I know I would keep scoffing.

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
S: 24st9lb C: 18st1lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 38.5 Loss: 6st8lb(26.67%)
Hey. I am making crisps a couple of times a week. Purely because I cant stomach the soups but sometimes NEED something savoury, and the crisps are just right.

Ironically I was never a crisp person before - always stuffed myself with other junk - puddings, cake, biscuits, pizza and chinese namely

Sarette

Gold Member
S: 19st13lb C: 17st8lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 2st5lb(11.83%)
Argh, I'm starting to think I should have got 4 bars when I saw my CDC yesterday... Going to France on Thurs for the wedding, and they'd be lighter in my suitcase! dammit!

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
S: 24st9lb C: 18st1lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 38.5 Loss: 6st8lb(26.67%)
Havent tried the bars yet...am avoiding as long as possible!

S: 16st6lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 5st8lb(33.91%)
well i'm one of those people who doesnt drink shakes and soups.... so I have cooked all my packs into muffins or crisps.... and had bars too!!! I love the bars best.... lol could eat peanut crunch bars forever!!!!

Nas x

im craving something savoury is the spicy tomatoe soup nice? i need something savoury or something i can munch on like a muffin! what do you suggest? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.