options hot choc

missyxx

hi i have scoured the recipe threads and cant find it but if i mix vlf fromage frais and options instant hot choc sachet does it make a mousse sort of thing?

you can do it with quark and mix it in and it is like a mousse. it's very yummy.

Thanks, I made a dark chocolate, tangerine and chilli mousse from the latest SW Mag twice last week it was totally gorgeous but at 6 syns a portion I would like a choccy fix thats lower. Please let us know how yours turns out.

:banghead:Not keen myself sorry. I dont like the sourness of the from frais/quark coming through. How many options do you think you would need for the sourness to vanish????(theres always someone who is fussy isnt there)

this is very yummy, and even my fussy housemate like this

002-9.jpg

serves 4
Syns
GREEN 3 syns per serving
EE 3 syns
RED 3 syns
312g raspberries ( have also been using Frozen cherries)
28g cocoa powder
3 sachets of hightlights hot chocolate drink ( i used 33g out of a big jar)
4 tbsp artifical sweetner ( i added 2 more)
500g pot low fat fromage frais
1 tbsp vodka ( or whatever spirit you like - i didnt like the vodka, couldnt taste it!)
1 egg seperated

method
1. Retaining a few to garnish, lightly crush the raspberries and divide between 4 glasses.
2. sieve the cocoa powder in to bowl with the drinking chocolate, sweetner and vodka and fromage frais and egg yolk mix until smooth.
3.Whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold in gently.
divide between the 4 glasses and chill for 2-3 hours
serve garnished with raspberries and mint leaf. and some light squirty cream

And again, me being fussy, dont like fruit and chocolate together. What a pain I am, it looks gorg though! Did you enjoy it silly question really

And again, me being fussy, dont like fruit and chocolate together. What a pain I am, it looks gorg though! Did you enjoy it silly question really

Yeah its yummy, we have it every couple of weeks.
You could just make the mousse, dont have to have it with the fruit.

Hi
I have used 1 x 500ml fromage frais, 2 portions of Cadbury's Options and sweetener to taste. Popped into icecream maker until frozon. Split into 4 tubs & kept in freezer until needed. Take out of freezer 15 mins before you want it. 1.5 syns per portion. Yummy.

Yes but its the sourness frome the quark/from frais recipes which I dislike! As I said before, some folks are so fussy!!!!

The fromage frais i use doesnt taste sour - Tescos Light choices one. I agree Quark on its own does have a sour taste to it. But the white options sachet and sweetner added takes the sourness away. But i guess i have learnt to like a lot of things.

Tried that but I could still taste it! Made a cheesecake with the Tesco Normandy from frais and options white choc and sweetener, but not to my liking! However, if the pud is with a fruity base like jelly or fresh fruit, no prob, just the choc and sour combination I dont like. Oh well, thank you for bothering to reply

Back