OT: 80s fancy dress ideas?

sortingoutmylife

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've got an 80s fancy dress party next month, so need to start thinking of what to wear...

Only thing I can think of at the mo is Madonna - kinda lots of bangles, necklaces, fingerless lace gloves, bow in hair etc. (ala desperately seeking susan) but there'll probably be a few madonna's there....

Ideas very welcome :)xxxx

how about the new romantic look-frilly shirts etc ? and werent animal prints quite popular in the 80's

Yeah Madge is a good one and pretty easy. You could always do neon, and ra ra skirts. Or huge shoulder padded skirt suit like dynasty. Let us know how you get on xx

how about the new romantic look-frilly shirts etc ? and werent animal prints quite popular in the 80's
Ohhh like the idea of new romantics! Will look into that!

Yeah Madge is a good one and pretty easy. You could always do neon, and ra ra skirts. Or huge shoulder padded skirt suit like dynasty. Let us know how you get on xx

Hmm - think Peacocks or New Look had lots of neon stuff in - will look at the weekend!

Thanks both :) Will post a pic when I finally get an outfit! xx

Our town market has loads a cheap neon net ra ra skirts that can be worn over leggins. Good luck xx

Back