(OT) I must love my OH....

I will succeed!!!
...so we're still looking for a wedding venue. We've now starting looking in Edinburgh, where my OH's family (or some of) are from.

We're planning to go and see the following two venues...

The Caves - Edinburgh :: Home

(quirky)

and

The Hub Cafe & Restaurant, Edinburgh, Scotland

(stunning)

But my OH is a plane fanatic...and you can get married at the National Museum of Flight...inside or surrounding concord.

He's like a kid at Christmas...and I am now facing getting married in a friggin' HANGAR!!!

National Museum of Flight

Sigh...but I love him. And it is different...but...not quite what I'd imagined lol.

;)

Just think how amazing the stories will be though! Imagine the stories you can tell your children and grand children about being married in a plane!

Do any of the other places make your heart race and make you act like a child at Christmas? If not, wouldn't it be just as amazing and heart wrenchingly good to know you are getting married in a place that makes your future husband feel so happy? I would say so.

As much as the day is so super important it is about the rest of your lives together, not just the day. (So my family keep telling me every time I have a wedding related diva strop!!)

I am so lucky my OH also loved the place I fell in love with!

Let me know what you decide!!

Just think how amazing the stories will be though! Imagine the stories you can tell your children and grand children about being married in a plane!

Do any of the other places make your heart race and make you act like a child at Christmas? If not, wouldn't it be just as amazing and heart wrenchingly good to know you are getting married in a place that makes your future husband feel so happy? I would say so.

As much as the day is so super important it is about the rest of your lives together, not just the day. (So my family keep telling me every time I have a wedding related diva strop!!)

I am so lucky my OH also loved the place I fell in love with!

Let me know what you decide!!

Oh I agree. At the end of the day, if when we visit he grins like he did when he saw the website, and we can afford it, it's a done deal. He adores plans and I adore him...I showed him the site lol!

I love the Hub and the Caves, so it might be one of those 'let's see what is best financially' things. But, we might be able to compromise...wedding at one, party at the other :D

I had just imagined more of a romantic setting than a hangar hehehe

Last edited:
I have just looked at the sites and I also love the caves, showed them all to my OH and he said the plane place! It must be a boy thing!

I have to say, looking at all 3 choices, you will have an absolute wonderful day where ever you have it.

I love that you are having all the same discussions as me and my OH, it makes me feel better about it all!!

Hehe. They are all very different! The caves is amazing - and gets brill reviews. The Hub is all well organised and very pretty. The plane museum is just totally random!

The whole day has to suit us both, so I am hoping we can strike some compromise. Maybe marry in (IN) concord and then head to one of the others for a good meal and knees up...can you imagine the invite?

Please join us for our wedding in Concord, followed by a reception in the underground caves....

HAHAH!!!

When you getting wed? xx

You might need a rather large invite to get in all the locations and directions!!

We get married on the 29th May. So far we have the church booked, the reception venue, the cars and my dress. Apparently I need to look at DJs and florists now. I just don't know how I am supposed to know what to do next!!

My OH kept mentioning he wanted a magician for after the wedding breakfast but I kept saying no. But I have secretly been getting quotes and plan to book one as a surprise.

It is all very excited but it is all a bit overwhelming at times.

OMG the 2nd venue is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Any of those will be lovely though xx

I've looked at all the venue's and I love 'The Hub' so beautiful and romantic for a wedding, but the Cave has it's own unique style too, but if your OH likes planes so much maybe it will be there, wherevever it is as long as you both have a wonderful and special day together it will not matter where it is or what it's like. X

Any of the three will be memorable and lovely I am sure. Keep us posted it is like having the exciting bits of organising a wedding all over again minus the stress and responsability.

Those venues are lovely and would be so romantic, the plane is a quirky idea but you could save on a wedding dress if you had it there, and dress as a flight attendant. The whole thing could be themed around planes and you would be marrying the Captian. Romance is still alive and kicking.

Those venues are lovely and would be so romantic, the plane is a quirky idea but you could save on a wedding dress if you had it there, and dress as a flight attendant. The whole thing could be themed around planes and you would be marrying the Captian. Romance is still alive and kicking.

LOL!!!! You mean like Britney in the Toxic video? LOL! He'd love that!

We realised that they only do events in the evening at the plane place - well in the room where the planes are. we're still going to speak to them but OH said it might not work for a wedding anyway - but I've decided that if we DON'T go there for anything weddingy, I'm going to book us on a tour as his wedding pressie from me anyway :D

xoxo

Dude, it sounds sooo much fun! Do it, you will be crowned Coolest Wife Ever at any and all future bloke discussions about Significant Others.

My OH is an Evertonian. You can get married at Goodison. He's already decided what ex-players he wants to invite (you can, for a nominal additional fee).

He hasn't even asked me to marry him yet. Ha ha ha. Blokes, gotta love em! xxx

I've just been to a wedding that was held at a "fancy" venue and to be honest, it was a bit crap. The happy couple got what they wanted (fair enough) but the guests had to pay for a hotel overnight (which no one could really afford). People who voiced this before the event were accused of "whining".

The expense of the venue etc. meant that the couple cut costs, by only supplying one flute of champagne each for guests (for the toasts)! Any other drinks (it was a long day) people had to buy for themselves and at hotel prices. Ugh.

One of the bridesmaids made the wedding cake (as a wedding present) but when she asked the Bride what she wanted it to look like she was told "I'm not bothered really, I just don't want to pay £300 for a bought one, so make it however you want"... Which made her feel really special about creating her gift. :(

My boyfriend was Best Man (complete with kilt) but is in hardly any of the photos, as they forgot him to a large extent, when making the list of pics they wanted. Of course, the photographer wasn't a professional.

All day people felt side-lined and ignored. The Bride and Groom treated their "guests" like an unwanted expense, their attitude was that we were all lucky to be there, and lucky to be at such a flash place.

People kept complaining to my boyfriend and the whole atmosphere was awful.

So whatever you do, remember that the people who come are your GUESTS. They have the expense of buying a gift, outfits and drinks, plus they might have to spend a night away from home...So figure that into any of your plans and be considerate about it.

If you p*ss everyone off, you won't have anyone to share your "happy" memories with and the wedding will feel flat.

OMG, can you tell I'm still bitter? Normally I'm nice. Honest.

Don't choose the plane, you'll just feel silly on the day. ;)

Scarlet Daisy, sounds like you went to my ex-best mate's wedding (this is why she's my ex best mate) wasn't in Markinch by any chance was it? Ha ha ha

I've just been to a wedding that was held at a "fancy" venue and to be honest, it was a bit crap. The happy couple got what they wanted (fair enough) but the guests had to pay for a hotel overnight (which no one could really afford). People who voiced this before the event were accused of "whining".

The expense of the venue etc. meant that the couple cut costs, by only supplying one flute of champagne each for guests (for the toasts)! Any other drinks (it was a long day) people had to buy for themselves and at hotel prices. Ugh.

One of the bridesmaids made the wedding cake (as a wedding present) but when she asked the Bride what she wanted it to look like she was told "I'm not bothered really, I just don't want to pay £300 for a bought one, so make it however you want"... Which made her feel really special about creating her gift. :(

My boyfriend was Best Man (complete with kilt) but is in hardly any of the photos, as they forgot him to a large extent, when making the list of pics they wanted. Of course, the photographer wasn't a professional.

All day people felt side-lined and ignored. The Bride and Groom treated their "guests" like an unwanted expense, their attitude was that we were all lucky to be there, and lucky to be at such a flash place.

People kept complaining to my boyfriend and the whole atmosphere was awful.

So whatever you do, remember that the people who come are your GUESTS. They have the expense of buying a gift, outfits and drinks, plus they might have to spend a night away from home...So figure that into any of your plans and be considerate about it.

If you p*ss everyone off, you won't have anyone to share your "happy" memories with and the wedding will feel flat.

OMG, can you tell I'm still bitter? Normally I'm nice. Honest.

Don't choose the plane, you'll just feel silly on the day. ;)

OMG that sounds awful!

I've already posted on here to see what guests want from a wedding because I've been to weddings where you're stood about like a spare part and I would hate for that to happen. We're still looking for venues to suit us, but also one that suits the day and means our guests will enjoy it. We're putting most of the money into the food and drinks and entertainment for this reason. People forget what flowers you had, but everyone recalls bad food/good food experiences. So, we're making sure our guests will fed well lol.

We're going to have a drinks reception with canepes whilst we're having pics done before dinner. We're having a normal meal - none of this fancy crackers with fish eggs malarky - it's just not us. And later we're having a hog roast or a giant cheese platter with breads and such instead of a normal buffet.

The reason these three venues are being looked at is because they're not as pricey to hire as others we've seen, so we won't blow the budget on the venue! But we do want something that is 'us' too. It's hard!

I am excited though - off dress shopping at the weekend and we're off to view the venues after Edniburgh festival is finished. YAY!

:)

Thanks all xxxx

Vixxster - No, it was last weekend, so the scars are still a bit fresh.

Sticky - I know you're nicer than they are *hug*. Just reminding you, before the "wedding madness" sets in... Hahaha!

Sticky, it sounds very much like you're not the Bridezilla type, therefore your wedding will be awesome, I can feel it! :D

Its great to choose something a little bit silly and a little bit 'you' on the day. I want a Delorean because I worship and adore Back to the Future. Me and my OH are gonna have a big Bluenose wedding (it's well cheap and they do everything for you for one price) and i'm gonna pull up in a Delorean and everyone's gonna have a proper fun day, even my Redsh**te brothers, ha ha ha!

Er, now all I have to do is get him to ask me! :p

xxx

Back